Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to share that I don't know if it's me, blogger or what, but I've been having the darnedest time trying to leave comments on several blogs lately. Wendy, I've tried a few times at your blog, just wanted to let you know that I'm at least reading your blog if you don't see a comment from me... I'll keep trying. Adding Goose and Binky blog too... keeps making me sign in and I am already signed in. My post won't go though!!!! grrrr.....
So... for some reason I'm digging old game boards lately. Caleb and I found an old chess and Parcheesi board at an estate sale the other day after his driving test... oh yes! he passed!!!! (Glad that's over.) Anyways, I love the designs and colors of the boards, they make me happy. I want a whole wall of vintage game boards someday and also I'm loving old paint-by-number paintings too.
Coupon trip today!
Picked up stuff to stock up on and some things for my mom.
Some good deals;
big deodorants...seventy five cents each, the little ones...twenty five cents each.
(okay, it did feel a little weird with that much deodorant in my cart.)
Free candy bars and 4/ twenty five cent toothpaste.
My best deal ever!!!!
The store paid me $3.54 to walk out of the store with these John Frieda products:)
Check coupons, if they don't say "excludes travel and trial sizes" than you can use them and save big money.
I had 4/$5 off coupons; Sale at the store was $4.99 on the big ones and the trial size was only $1.49. I could of bought all trail sizes and walked away with much more money, but I wanted the free product more than the cash.




4 comments:
Couponing seems to be big now. My sister is really getting into it. What great deals you ended up with during your shopping trip!
Couponing does seem to be really big right now. I started shopping one of my regular stores on the day the new sales start and there are always coupon ladies there.
It must be very satisfying to add up your savings. Or have Noah add up the savings for his math lesson. ;-)
Love the old game boards!
Thanks Wendy:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tara,
Noah doesn't like shopping! Especially with coupons, luckily Brad doesn't mind. One of the good things about Brad is I can drag him shopping and he's pretty good about it, as long as his belly is full:)
What I do with Noah is we sit down with the store ads and figure out what coupons I have and how much the product will cost in the end.
I should get him involed in clipping them out for me too:)
Caleb thought it was awesome that I got free stuff and made money... (coming from a dumpster diver:)
Autumn is trying, I helped her organize her coupons yesterday to make it eaiser on her to use them. That's the trick, really.
I've been waiting for the day I got free stuff or made some money couponing. Not that that will happen very often. I should show my little stock pile of products someday.... nowhere near as much as the ladies on Extreme Couponing but it makes me happy:)
Really, it gets easier as you go along. I was going to give up on it at one point but I'm glad I didn't. After awhile, you know the in's and out's of couponing.
and those who say "I don't have time for it." that's just silly, it doesn't take much time at all.
How sweet that you are helping Autumn to stretch her budget as well.
I don't often come across coupons for the items I buy regularly but I did score a deal on Cliff Bars today and thought of you. Coupon for $1.50 off 4. On sale for 10 for $10, down from $1.50/each. Final cost: 85¢ a piece. Not too bad, I thought.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment