Noah and I went to Fenner Nature Center for their monthly homeschool day.
Today was Apple butter day and signs of fall.
Noah watching from the center's window.
The apple butter was yummy and the wood smoke smelled great!
Noah spotted this mushroom on our hike.
Noah and Mom.
Noah finds a compass craved into this tree stump.
Where's Noah?




9 comments:
Apple butter cooked over a fire sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing your day outside. I had to stay in for most of the day to work (argh, although I'm thankful for the work). It was nice to go outside with you and Noah.
What beautiful photos! You're almost making me miss Michigan a little. I can't believe how big that leaf Noah is hiding behind is!
Holy cow, apple butter in a huge copper pot. How FUN to see that done. I'm jealous....in a good way. :) Looks like it was a good day.
I didn't know apple butter had to be stirred constantly. I love it!
It was an incredible day yesterday, though it did start cooling down a bit later on.
I love the smell of wood smoke these days. Sometimes just driving on our country roads I'll smell it wafting through the car doors, so homey!
Have you and Noah ever been to Grand Ledge (my home town), and the ledges? There is a great hike along the ledges and river, so beautiful! And you can end up at the park and have a picnic.
I would love to have a huge copper kettle like that! What a beautiful day to be out at the nature center.
Oh..apple butter cooking in the pot...that is great. Enjoyed the photos.
Hey Tara, It's good your working hard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Sharon, Do you ever come home for visits?
I forgot the name of that leaf. darn!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tammy, It was fun. Minus the mosquitoes and the horrible dead animal smell in one part of the woods!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth,
Yeah, I'm thinking the stirring has something to do with the copper kettle and the open fire. They said it would burn if they did keep stirring. I have been to the Ledges myself and with Autumn. But I haven't taken Noah there yet. That's a great idea!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Lisa Anne, I know, isn't that kettle cool! I bet you could do some great things with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Sandy!
Nice photos. We have been making apple butter - but over a wood fire sounds just perfect.
Lovely whimsical day! Man, I need to look into these wholesome, down to earth, back to basic activities.
Fab fotos!
Post a Comment