Noah has been working hard on his presentation for the Civil War Unit.
We made a Civil War Noah silhouette (it looks like Caleb, funny!)

His coffee can drum made with painter's tape.
The encampment diorama (we used the box from Runnin18 in Alaska)
His first lap book (thanks to Tammy for the great idea!)
He's still working on the oral report part and will give it one day early!
He's still working on the oral report part and will give it one day early!








14 comments:
Great job Noah!
I love how you made the tent for the diorama, very clever!
Cool! Great job. :)
Hi. I wondered over from Denise's site.
I am always so relieved to find other homeschoolers of teens. My daughter is 16, and it seems like so many people send their children back to school at this age, which I don't understand.
ANYHOW, I see that you have a 16-year-old, so I hope you don't mind if I nose around a bit. :)
Oh. My. Gosh. That is fabulous!
Way to go, Noah!!!!!!!
I love the silhouette.
Are those excerpts of soldiers' diaries over on the left side of the lapbook? I clicked on the photo and can't quite make out the words.
Anyway, again, I'm so impressed! What a fun way to begin school. ;)
I love that drum! Hey, Noah, my grandfather was a drummer in the Civil War! He was only 17 or 18. He was born in 1847 and was 70 when my dad was born.
Noah's been busy. My 7 y.o. really enjoyed looking at the photos. He has some civil war plastic army figures that look like those in the diorama.
Wow! Impressive! Great silouette! can come to school at your house?
Thanks Sharon and Denise!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi So Not Cool, I've seen you around a lot of the same blogs!
I too feel relieved to find other teen homeschoolers. My son is 16 and start community college a few weeks ago. He loves it! He's taking graphic design. Also he wants to take web design classes. All stuff he already does anyways.
Thanks for stopping in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Tammy, so glad you liked Noah Civil War presentation. The documents in the lap book are Lincoln's Gettysburg address (Lincoln's handwriting) and on the other side is a map of Gettysburg and Grant's surrender.
All stuff that Noah's camp counselor gave him this summer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth, Noah just flipped out to hear about your grandfather! He thinks that is so cool and wishes he had a family member like that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Slice of Pie,
You should have your son check out Noah's blog sometime. It's Robots and Totem poles and you can find it on my sidebar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Runnin, You can come anytime!
Anet you are doing a wondeful job of teaching your son.. we should all take a lesson from you... You are always so real and honest.. He is a lucky boy!! He looks like he is throughly enjoying it!!
Awe... shucks Gwen, you're making me blush!
The end of the week was such a challenge for us. Thursday; Noah and I spent 2 1/2 hours at my mom's new doctors office. So we took along some homeschooling and did it in the waiting room. Then my mom tripped and fell at a restaurant. It was awful!! Friday we took her to the emergency for ex-rays. She okay!
But Noah and I spent hours homeschooling at the hospital. (my older kids had classes and could watch Noah.) I sure hope next week is uneventful!
Life never gives us a schedule that we can trust in.. everything is placed upon our unexpecting minds to deal with as it happens... no plan book.. you always seems so able to handle it and look towards the positive.. without hardly a complaint.. when you get lemons you make lemonade...
I truly admire that quality!!!
I sure hope your mom is feeling ok!!!
Aging is sometimes not a reward for all the life experience and effort we have put into it.. just something we have to accept and learn to deal with.. You have an outlook on things
opps!..con't....
that has a beautiful calmness to it!!
Noah is cool! Noah is creative and good job!!!
Wow, what a lot of work and it shows such passionate interest! He'll remember his hard work and the experience forever.
(Glad your mom recovered from her fall okay.)
Post a Comment