~~~~~~~It's October 1803 and young Captain Meriwether Lewis (Noah)
is waiting the arrival of his friend Captain William Clark.~~~~~~
is waiting the arrival of his friend Captain William Clark.~~~~~~
Accompanying the corps is Lewis's Newfoundland dog Seaman. Lewis will keep a journal of the local wildlife and fauna. Collecting samples as he goes. Clark will make maps of the territory. They haven't come across any Native Americans as of yet. We'll keep you posted!
Boo, as Seaman the Newfoundland. Sometime posed as a Buffalo.

Local Wildlife of North Dakota.




6 comments:
Brave Boo... and talented too, being able to switch roles at a moment's notice! (Our eldest cat was Queen Elizabeth for quite some time last summer. In the fall she became the Sultan's mother, leader of the harem. Currently she is on hiatus.)
Awesome adventures Noah. I hope we'll see more of your discoveries as the journey continues!
Noah is learning so much this way.. with the free reign of his imagination ..
It's cold up there Noah... Bundle up!!
This is educational as well as cute. I know I learned this when i was a kid, but would I remember, no!
Little known fact: I went to Lewis and Clark Elementary School...I always have loved the history of their trip across the country; lots of food for my imagination while growing up, I always wanted to be on that trip with them. I have recently read about the botanical collection of their journey. This is a web-site I enjoy:www.lewis-clark.org
this is a fun history lesson...i am still in awe of it as an adult...it is amazing the travels they did on so little...role playing is awesome...and the cat being a buffalo is perfect.
enjoy the hard travels of lewis & clark.
Hi Tara,
Yes, Boo is a very talented actor. We had Harpo as a mountain lion, except he kept storming the tent over and over. So we put him in the basement for a time out.
That's great that your cat was role playing history with Tess!
Sometimes I think we have too much fun around here...not enough serious book work!!! (Joking)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Gwen,
This is a prefect way for Noah to learn. It just makes history come to life. Role playing, building dioramas and attending history camps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Sandy,
You should of role played Lewis and Clark then maybe it would of stayed with you. I don't remember learning about them at all. So I'm learning along with Noah now. That is one of the bonuses of homeschooling your kids!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Lisa Anne,
What a great name for a school! Maybe we should name our homeschool that. Thanks for the web site, we'll be sure to check it out on Monday. The journaling of the wildlife and fauna is what has peeked my interest. Noah likes all the adventuring of the unknown part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tiff :) I'm glad to move on from the Civil War, but it will be back this summer with camp and the reenactment.
Post a Comment