Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn Greetings!

Happy Fall Equinox Everyone!
We've had a beautiful day here in Michigan!
I thought I would share our art project today. Noah and I worked on this together, blending oil pastels into fall leaves. We talked about how leaves change color. We did some balancing, harvested the last of the tomatoes, and bought a pumpkin today. We found some walnuts on our walk in the woods and brought them home for Sniffy. I hope you all have enjoyed this fabulous day!




10 comments:

tiff said...

back at you...a great fall equinox...the temps are cooler, but the sun is still shining...the trees are turning...just lovely.

love the art you and noah did...fun times!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Did Sniffy find his treats? Gorgeous day here on the coast too.. I love September!!!

Your leaves look like a fun fall art project.. Bet Noah loved working and playing on this!!! great job!!

Jodi Anderson said...

Happy Equinox to YOU!

Over here in Wisconsin, it's been just a wee tad warm for my taste, but I know that cooler days are on the horizon. Oh, hello, Autumn! ;)

A Slice of the Pie said...

Those leaves look great! This is such a beautiful time of year. I always think I like spring's greens the best, but fall colors are pretty awesome.

Tara said...

Fall is my very favorite time of year. October especially. Happy Fall Equinox back to you, Sniffy and the gang. The leaves you and Noah made are just beautiful.

Sharon said...

Sounds like a really great day. Oh, and your header is gorgeous!

RunninL8 said...

What a beautiful picture! And I love your header pic! Glad you had a full day!

Ruth said...

I enjoy reading about how you and Noah make the most of the changing seasons, learning some botany and other good things along the way, like art! That is gorgeous! Isn't this weather incredible?!

sandy said...

Oh that's so pretty and colorful...I like.

I miss you not blogging much but suppose you are really busy lately with homeschooling and such. Seems like both you and Sharon have left me wanting more! oh well, I'm just a retired old do nothing person, hahaha..I have lots of time.

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff:)Enjoy your beautiful town in the fall!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Gwen, I haven't seen Sniff in a few days so I'll wait for her other wise the black squirrels will take the nuts.
Glad to hear Max is liking High school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Not so Cool, I too have been thinking it's a bit too warm again! Cool down, heat up, up and down. Ugh, lets just get on with fall!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Slice of Pie, Yeah I'm always ready for Spring green, but Autumn is my favorite!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Sharon, I miss you!!!! What's up? How's your Purr doing?
Harpo is back in action! That sure was a scare. Now he's back getting into trouble again... how wonderful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tara, I can hardly wait for the Halloween deco to come out of the attic. I swear I have more Halloween stuff then any other holiday... or should I say non-holiday. Noah has friends that only celebrate Halloween in a cute way, like dressing up as animals. Other wise it would be worshiping the D-man... I shutter to mention his name! lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Runnin18! Who's already had snow!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Ruth, I've noticed a few trees turning, I just hope Autumn doesn't rush away too fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sandy, Thank you!
I just I don't have much time lately with teaching preschool 3 mornings a week, homeschooling and running my mom to doc. appointments. Not to mention the other million things I have do to!
It's a little stressful after having a slow lazy summer off. I need to find my groove!

Blog Archive