Summer Solstice...Enjoy

Noah and I made a meditative nature circle to
celebrate the Summer Solstice!
Noah help with all the design and shopping
for plants and supplies. The plants are still small and we
need a few more to fill in all around. There is a
bird feeder right next to it along with Noah's
bean tee pee. We had a great time working
together on this project.
The stumps were a gift from the neighbor who's
tree fell over a few weeks back. It's good that
the tree still has a purpose. Noah loves walking
up and down on the stumps and they make great seating!
Oh yes, the gnomes finally found a good safe place.
They'll enjoy hanging out with Noah because Noah and the gnomes
both love a good conversation. We will celebrate solstice tonight in the circle
with a little candle fire, sparklers, lemonade and cookies!
Happy Summer Solstice!





10 comments:
Anet, So great to see that the tree still has a useful and enjoyable purpose ... and a great story to go along with it!!! and lots more to look forward to when your plants mature...
You are lucky to have a helper like Noah to create such a beautiful offering to the summer solstice...
I'm SO gonna do that in our front yard! That is freakin' awesome!!!
We have some pieces from an old telephone pole(about 15 inches tall) but the centers are rotten so we can't step on them. They have various plants sprouting in them now so that might be a cool visual later on.
Oh DUH...
HAPPY SOLSTICE!!!
Fireworks(sparklers) sounds like a nice touch, wouldn't have thought of that. We'll be camping with chili dogs for dinner. Yum.
Sounds like your weekend will be one of spirit and connectedness....first the solstice tonight and then the Pow Wow this weekend! Hope it's great I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
Anet, your Solstice altar is beautiful and I love what you did in the yard--sounds like you have a lovely evening in store. Blessed Litha!
That circle is just awesome!!! Great idea!
Your daughter's photo from WED is amazing! Where else can we see her work? And yours!!! Gotta put a website up! We should all do a blogosphere collective!!!
Have a great solstice!
What a nice nature alter the 2 of you made! I love that you were able to use the stumps too. It's so nice that something in nature can live on a little longer this way.
Happy solstice!
Thanks everyone!!! We really enjoyed our Solstice celebration in the nature circle. You can see what we did at Noah's blog.
Runnin18, Autumn has a photography site I'm just not to sure of the address right now, when she get back from NYC I'll ask her. If you go to my post list on my sidebar and click art, scroll down and you'll come across of a bunch of her work. I think you'll like it:)
How cool is that! I'll bet Pam was thrilled to see the tree pieces part of a spiritual/earth ritual. Did she join you?
Hi Ruth,
Pam loves the nature circle! She thought it was wonderful to use the trees stumps!
But of course she was around at celebration time, she practically lives at the college!!!! Some where I left a comment about Pam telling me to tell you Hello, in case you did see that one! Hello from Pam!!!
Post a Comment