Boozhoo ! (greetings)
Noah has been studying more about the Ojibwa Indians, He read about how the Indians moved theirs camp from season to season. In the summer they lived in large groups of extended families near the lakes for fishing and hunting, during the winter the lived in smaller camps with closer family members.
The homes they built were called wigwams. The wigwams were easily moved, the men would use sapling trees for the frames and the women would cover the wigwams with birch bark and animal hides.
Noah's Anishinabe Camp diorama

This is the book we are working with: Life in an Anishinabe Camp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the fall gathering season wild rice became ripe. People moved from their summer camps to marshy areas where the rice grew. They worked together to gather, dry and store as much rice as they could before moving to their winter camps.






10 comments:
I love dioramas!!
And, I even learned a few new facts by reading this post. :)
Good work Noah!!!
Ahhh...I never knew the Ojibwa was the same group/tribe as the Chippewa and the Anishinabe.. Thanks for making history more real...
Well, wow, that is great Noah, and interesting reading this info.
Love this...fantastic!
noah did a great job with his diorama!
Cool, Noah!
I see that little felt owl, sweet.
And hey! We got that same dream catcher in the mail today!
Very nice! I love seeing what Noah is working on. :)
Very cool school you have and Noah have going, Anet. I love seeing what you are up to. Dioramas are always such a cool project to do. Noah did a great job on his!
Hi Everyone, Noah says "Thank You!"
He has been enjoying homeschool so far this year.
I had a small "homeschool mom" panic moment last night. You know the "is this the right thing?, Is he learning enough?, Is he challenged? Breathe.... then I remember his public school experience and I calmed down. Also I thought about how he's able to read so much more at home, He's on his forth chapter book and he's zooming along with his multiplications. Not to mention how he just loves history and is eating it up :)
Ruth, we got the dream-catcher in the mail too! I was thinking of how prefect it was that it came right when we were making a Native American diorama. Maybe I should take it as a sign that homeschool is the right choice:)
Put that homeschool mom panic aside, Anet, it's obvious Noah is loving learning. That's a great diorama and thanks for including all the info, it's fascinating.
Thanks Amy, that makes me feel better! :)
Post a Comment