Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Laundry day and How does your garden grow...

I love, love, love hanging out the laundry to dry in the sun and breeze! I have such fond memories of helping my mom and Aunt Irene with the clothesline... handing up clothespins one at a time. Running in and out of the cool damp sheets... laying in bed at night, smelling the sunshine in my pillowcase. Yep... I love, love, love it!


How does your garden grow?...

(2 weeks ago)

with silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row.
 That's how my garden grows.
today

We had our first garden salad the other night. 
Are you hanging laundry and/or growing a garden?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm sad to say we are doing neither. i didn't grow up hanging laundry. sad, i know. my mom, being a single mom who worked all the time, made sure we had a washer and dryer and that I did all the laundry! as for a garden, well, it seems like things have just been to crazy around here to start a garden. i am so jealous, though! i must settle for a farmer's market salad. and those make me happy!!!

Tara said...

I've wanted a clothesline forever but we've never gotten to it. I'm thinking of getting a drying rack for the porch instead.
My lettuce plants are about the size of yours in the first photo so I guess I can plan on garden salad in about two weeks. Yay! Trying to stagger the new growth. The next bunch is wee-little... grow little guys, grow!
Just put in the tomatoes, potatoes and onions. Strawberries and herbs are looking good. Need to plant squash, beans and cucumbers and then we are done for a while.

tiff said...

no garden: too wet, too cold

no hanging laundry: too wet, too cold


spring is certainly having a tough time showing its face here in the rocky mountains.

your laundry looks fab on the line and your garden looks delicious. enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

شركة كشف تسربات بابها

Blog Archive