We love to use documentaries as supplements for our homeschool. Here's two documentaries that we have viewed lately. Both are on Netflix.
To Market To Market To Buy A Fat Pig Let's get in the mood for the farmer's market!
All In This Tea This is a interesting documentary about tea farming and buying in China. Beautiful scenery and we learned quiet a bit about tea. Of course we were sipping our favorite tea during the show. Iced Peppermint Green Tea.
To Market To Market To Buy A Fat Pig Let's get in the mood for the farmer's market! A great documentary showcasing different farmer's markets around the United States. I can't wait for summer!
I'm a little sad about the farmers market in our downtown area. They built a new, metal barn-ish building and tore down the wonderful old brick market. I was so upset by it.... just because my grandparents shopped there, my mom took me as a little girl and I took all three of my kids there. It was old and wonderful.
Now it's new and just okay... in my opinion.
We usually shop at our neighborhood farmers market called the Allen Street market it's an open air market set up in a parking lot once a week. We help promote the market with a yard sign in our yard. I love to visit this market and help support the local farmers and feeding my family some good food!
The old City Market...sigh.






2 comments:
These both look like shows I would enjoy. You and Noah are helping my queue stay loaded -- thank you! The Decatur, GA Farmer's Market is run by my sister's neighbors. It is THE most amazing place; I am completely and totally jealous that she shops there weekly. Awesome, fresh foods at a fraction of the price we pay here in Armpitville.
LoL! Armpitville sounds lovely:)
Post a Comment