Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cupid's arrow...

Here's a sneak peek at some of the wedding preparations.

We've been busy around here! My sister is making Autumn's dress, I'm making the bouquets and will be making the cake. I don't know if I've ever shared this with you all but I used to be a floral designer and a cake decorator. Although it was a very long time ago when Autumn was a baby and little girl and now she's getting married. Sigh...

Theme: Vintage Valentine...love...

Roses for Autumn's bouquet...yet to be made. They look and feel so real!


Tags I made for the Wishes & Wisdom tree

Maid of Honor's bouquet and boutonniere for Kevin.

Harpo helping with the shopping bags...

Heart wreaths for the windows.


Autumn's wedding shoes


Flower girl's cupid skirt.
She'll have red feather wings and a bow with a heart arrow... too cute!
~~~

11 comments:

Crescent Moon said...

Wow! I thought the roses were real, until you wrote otherwise. The flower girl's costume idea is very cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be such a beautiful wedding! Everything is gorgeous.

Ina's 5 and our Native Homeschool Blog said...

Oh I just love it!

I also thought the roses were real! Where did you get such good ones?

Anet said...

Thanks everyone:)
the roses are from Michaels. A little expensive at $8 a flower, but I figure $40 plus the cost of some satin ribbon is a good deal on a bride's bouquet.
I wish you all could feel these flowers, amazing how real they feel.

Tara said...

I think Autumn's wedding is going to be incredibly special -- just bursting with love and warmth from the flowers to the favors, cake and gown. Thanks for letting your blog readers in on the festivities.

PS. Cute shoes, Autumn!

tiff said...

wow...beautiful...absolutely beautiful!!!! this will be fun to follow you along on this celebration! you are so talented anet! amazing!

Sharon said...

I can't believe what a beautiful job (all of) you are doing on such a tight schedule. I'm sure it's because of Harpo's help but I don't think it could have sounded nicer had you been working on it all year. Amazing. Congratulations Autumn and Kevin!

Anonymous said...

Anet,
You (and your family) have some amazing talent! What beautiful things you are putting together. Will enjoy seeing more pictures :)
Carla

Ann said...

I wish I had a tenth of the style you and Autumn have. Everything is so beautiful. Must feel like spring in there.

Tammy said...

OK, Autumn's shoes are about the coolest, funkiest shoes I've ever seen. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the dress! I love the whole vintage Valentine love theme. OH! Also the wishes and wisdom tree! My girls LOVE that idea!

Anet said...

Thanks everyone:)
I'm so excited to share this with all my friends here on the blog.

We'll have a blog wedding day and all of you are invited!
It will be just like being here for the wedding only in photos here at the Purple Squirrel. I wish you all could really be here, but it will be the next best thing:)

Blog Archive