Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love is in the air...

Autumn and Kevin's Valentine wedding...
Today I made a few stuffed hearts to add to the mantel. Autumn didn't want her brother's names on hearts to be hanging at her wedding, go figure. So I made one for Kevin and another that says Love. I also made my great-niece's hair bow and the cutest darn arrow for her Cupid's bow. I found the place that we're renting chairs from and remade the to-do list.

My mom is doing pretty good...
she's sleeping a lot and doesn't have much of an appetite today.
The Hospice nurse comes on Wednesdays to check on her and my sister stays with us from Saturday until Tuesday mornings. Then she heads back up north to work three 10 hour days at work. When she's here she helps take care of mom, keeps my kitchen clean for me (bless her heart!) and works on Autumn's wedding dress. Which I won't show you until after the wedding!
Just let's say... it's non-traditional, we are talking Autumn here.

Homeschooling is back on track...
I have such great homeschool friends. Many of them have offered to take Noah to homeschool classes and activities if I can't get away. Today a friend of mine picked him up and took him to Jumpin Jax's. Tomorrow another friend is taking him to a movie with some other homeschool boys his age. He's been studying Japan, his Oneida Indian heritage (he's Ojibwe and Oneida,)
also we started a unit on Mark Twain (read some great Twain quotes, he's quite the character:) Noah is reading the Guardian of Gahoole' series and is now on book nine. He's a reading machine that kid is!

Me...
I'm trying to fight off a cold and trying to figure out how to be worried and sad about my mom and happy about Autumn's up coming wedding all at the same time. A mixed bag of emotions that's for sure!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Don't get sick! You need to come hang out at the pool with us on Sat. I will be downtown all day Fri, if you have someone at home, text me and we can have lunch. I have an lcc workshop, but an hour off for lunch.

tiff said...

life is busy in your home...but a fun buzz i bet! it is great to hear about your life and all of its goings on! the hearts are cute!

and YES! don't get sick! you have no time for such nonsense...smiles!

Tara said...

You are a crafting machine, Anet! I think it's so incredibly special that the women in your family are coming together to create Autumn and Kevin's wedding.
You are doing an amazing job juggling it all -- please don't forget to keep taking care of you. Hot tea with honey and some rest... that's an order!

Tammy said...

I'm so excited to see photos of the big day. The dress will be beautiful and reflect Autumn's unique style. By the way, I love the announcement pict on your blog. Are those the announcements they are using?

Weddings...such a romantic and joyous time. I imagine it must be hard to mix those feelings with the others you are feeling with your mom. Hang in there, Anet. There is no time to be down with the plague. ;)

Anet said...

Hey Ann... hope you got my text today. I'll see you at the pool tomorrow:) Oh yeah... my ear hurts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tiff, You're so right I don't have time to get sick, for pete's sake!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Tara, I did sneak in a nap today and that tea and honey is going to be made in a few minutes:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy,

Yes that is Autumn and Kevin's announcements. Aren't the perfect for them?! Kevin loves old airplanes.
With the time of the wedding and address added to them she'll be e-mailing them out. One of our quick and thrifty wedding ideas we've come up with. We are on such short notice and a tight budget!!

Blog Archive