it's our kind of town?
so many buildings!
Night view from our hotel window.
Well... what can I say?
If you like tons of people, tall buildings, crazy taxi rides, elevators, escalators, twirly doors, ladies with full length fur coats, doormen, expensive stores and restaurants then Chicago is your kind of town. (Brad and I was glad to get back to our capital city where life is a little less hectic.) Let's not forget the insane train station and the freezing wind chill! But I must say the building were amazing and we did have a great time. We went to the John Hancock building with fantastic views and we also visited the Museum of Contemporary Art... with some strange stuff in it. (I'll post more on that another time.)
A beautiful Church ready for Christmas.
I loved this quaint little city park and especially the pigeons!
Red tree in Macy's... the only store we could afford to shop in:)
A random lobster bell ringer.
View from the 94 floor of the John Hancock. Look at those tiny little skyscrapers:)
We sent Noah out to wash the windows... just kidding!
A Little Chicago love for you!
Also I'd like to wish you a Merry Solstice!
Yesterday we had company coming and going for most of the day. Then Brad and I headed out to the mall in the evening to finish our Christmas shopping... in reasonably priced store for goodness sakes! Today is a day of wrapping gifts, baking some cookies and tonight we will light our solstice candle and welcome back the sun!




12 comments:
Please let all that snow still be there next week. We will be heading to Elgin and Chicago just after Christmas and my son, who is now 10, has not seen snow on the ground since he was two.
Your pictures are really beautiful!
Someone should write a story for the Christmas lobster.
Oh I'm positive the snow will still be there. As a matter of fact I think there is another big snow expected the end of this week.
Have a great trip!
yeah... a Christmas lobster story, would be so funny:)
Lobster bell ringer...lol!
I lived in NYC for a year and loved it. AND was so excited to come home to my little old Idaho. :) I (and my girls too) love visiting big cities, seeing the lights and skyscrapers and people and everything just going, going, going. But, oh we are so glad to come home to the slow life again.
I'm happy you had some time away and that you made it home safely. ♥
Oh Chicago, It's been such a long time! Thanks for taking me back there (except for the train station, that place is CRAZY!). Beautiful.
We love Chi-town for long weekends. Coming from Podunksville, I always have a huge case of stickershock. :-)
Beautiful winter city pictures! I'm glad you were able to take a few days away with your family.
Happy Solstice!
You know, it's a whole different life there.
We thought what it must be like to live in one of the highrise apartments there.
We saw an apartment across from our hotel pool window on the 30th floor that was amazing! With a beautiful Christmas tree and a black baby grand piano. What a life!!! Yes, I was window peaking:)
HA you window peeker :)
Glad you had fun - nice to visit and then come home -- too much hustle and bustle in the big city. Happy Solstice.
Carla
wow, love the photos and that one from the top of the elevator, whew! beautiful.
It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Chicago, and we're going next week!
A very merry Christmas to you, Brad, Caleb, Autumn and Noah -- and of course all the squirrels!
beautiful photos...
looks like you had a fabulous town in the windy city! so glad you got away and enjoyed the city all dressed up in its holiday best...fun!
great memories!!!
meant to say time not town!!! smiles!
oh how i love chicago! i was there for the first time last year and i fell in love with it! but i don't know if i could get used to that cold wind!!!
Happy Holidays Anet and family!!!!
May it be filled with love and light
lisa freddie goose and binky
Post a Comment