Saturday, November 6, 2010

Art Therapy...

and lots of love.

Autumn bought new watercolors, brushes and paper for her and her grandma to paint together.
Sort of Autumn's way of capturing time with her grandma. More therapy for Autumn than my mom.

She's also has been audio taping her; interviews, her recipes, my mom singing her lullabies that she has sung to every child and grandchild. It's Autumn's way of dealing with losing her favorite person in the world, her grandma. Not to mention snapping tons of photos of her. Mom's not so thrilled about that, she's like me we don't like having our photograph taken.

We've hung a line up in the dining room to display their creations. My mom likes to paint birds, Autumn likes to paint people and the cat is Noah's spirit animal from Native American class.
They baked apple pies together yesterday as I took a long needed nap. Autumn went and picked up her grandma a Philly steak sandwich from a local restaurant, (her favorite:)

My girl is just amazing as her grandma. I'm so blessed to have such incredible women in my life. Not to mention my sister Deb who's coming from 3 hours away each week to help out for 4 days at a time and my niece Amber who calls me everyday to check on her grandmother and me.
I still haven't called for Hospice, to me that's very hard to do. But people have told me how wonderful they are and I shouldn't wait too much longer. Even though my mom is doing really well right now, it's the emotional support for the family that could used. I'll have to think about that soon. Right now I'm just counting my blessings and enjoying moments like Autumn painting, playing rummy and baking with her grandma. Taking one day at a time.

7 comments:

Tara said...

What a bittersweet time for your family.

I'm so glad to hear you have a good support system coming into place. And Autumn... a heart of gold.

We had hospice for my father-in-law (lung cancer) and they were wonderful. You'll know when it's time to call.

((Anet))

Tammy said...

Oh Anet, I have tears in my eyes and wish I could give you a big hug.

Mothers, daughters, and granddaughters...sigh... ♥

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

This post is the perfect way to remember your mom. Beautiful; the art, the time together, the affection, your kind and loving daughter. Seems like you are doing all of the right things.

Carla said...

Anet,
You, Autumn and your mother all seem to be amazing women! How wonderful that you are able to have these moments in life right now, cherish them forever.

tiff said...

a beautiful post Anet...

a tough time, but what a great way to celebrate life...painting, eating, pictures, etc.

Autumn seems to an amazing person! You have done well Anet!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Your family is so beautiful.. in every way... my love to you...

Blog Archive