Saturday, October 30, 2010

Life...

What can I say... my mom has final stage liver disease. We were told Friday she has anywhere from 3 to 9 months left. The doctor said when we are ready... to let her know and she'll set up Hospice for us. There's nothing else we can do but make sure she's comfortable. It's so unreal right now because she's doing so well. I was not prepared at all to hear this news at the doctor's appointment. I don't think my mom was either, it was tough. My mom said at the time "Well I'm 85 years old and I've had a good life." I bawled.

She's taking this better than the rest of us, she's truly amazing. I'm trying hard to maintain some sort of normal life right now for the kids sake. I had to call my family and that was so emotionally draining. I'm exhausted and numb. I'm not sure what the next several months will bring us, I'll just take it one day at a time. Hang in there with me friends:)

11 comments:

Carla said...

Oh Anet, I am so sorry.
One of the parts of life I am sure a lot of us wish we never had to deal with.
Try and stay strong, my thoughts are with you and your family.
Carla

Tammy said...

Oh Anet...I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ♥

Tara said...

Of course I'll hang in there with you, Anet.
((hugs))
I'm always here if you need me.

Chele said...

Oh, Anet. I am so very sorry. Wishing you all strength to get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anet said...

Thank you everyone.
I'm going to need all of you and your prayers during the next several months. Thanks for being here.

Jennifer said...

My mom was diagnosed as stage 4 ovarian cancer and the doctor told us that she wouldn't make it a year but she was super head strong and made it 10 years! I doesn't have to turn out as the doctors say. I know if is hard but don't let those numbers get to you too much. She may surprise you all.

dandelionlady said...

I'm so sorry, your family will be in my thoughts.

tiff said...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
sending you lots of cyber hugs!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
how lucky your mom is to have her loving family near her and for you to have her with you!!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

~Molly~ said...

Wow Anet, you've had a blow! I'm holding you and your mom up in prayers and warm fuzzy thoughts these days!!! She is very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter as you with her.

Amy Bradstreet said...

Oh Anet, that is hard, hard news indeed. I'm keeping you close in my thoughts. (((Hugs))) to you.

sandy said...

Just catching up here. I'm so sorry to read this but love that Autumn and your mom are spending so much time together and their art, great seeing it- your mom is good painting birds...

I love that photo of the windows with the art hanging above it.

Blog Archive