Friday, October 1, 2010

Ojibwe art lesson...

Noah's hummingbird and my coyote (don't laugh) , our spirit animals.
Watercolors

This type of art is sometimes referred to as X-ray art. The spirit and energy of the animal is visible. You can add energy lines and spirit lines coming from the animal. Loads of vivid colors are used. I really love this Ojibwe art.

Noah and I have been studying the Ojibwe language. It's important that the younger generation "The Seventh Generation" keep the language and the customs of the Ojibwe people alive. Noah is very committed to his heritage, that makes me so proud of him!

Gathering nature for the Michigan's Native People class I'm teaching.

We start next Tuesday, We can hardly wait!

Bii maa pii! ~ See you later!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Commitment to heritage is fading it seems. I'm so glad Noah's staying connected to his heritage.

tiff said...

Oh your art is beautiful and you should hang both pieces in your home...it is so fun & colorful!

How wonderful that Noah is invested in his heritage...not too many kiddo's take that on at such an early age! Good Job Mama for opening those doors for Noah!

Sharon said...

They're both really beautiful pieces!


Anet- I burnt that disc for you. A while back someone hacked my email account and I lost all of my contacts. I think I remember your email address but wasn't sure and didn't want to mail some other mom of 3 angels by mistake :)
so could you email me at
waldronsullenger@yahoo.com and send me your mailing address again? I will drop the disc in the mail. Your idea for it sounds great! Complete strangers keeping each other alive in a way. Anyways,
thanks~Sharon

Anet said...

Thanks soooo.... much Sharon! I sent you an email.
Yeah, the "3 angels" is meant as a joke cause well... they're not!

Blog Archive