Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Life, right now...

Gee, I haven't posted in awhile... that's not like me. Things around here are just a little out of sink right now and I had to pull back on a few things. My mom is having more health issues and there has been many Doctor appointments and test scheduled lately with many more to come. That in itself is stressing out my schedule and my life.

While still trying to maintain a good flow with homeschool, teaching co-op classes and just the everyday stuff that must be done around here, it's getting harder and harder to keep my head above water. Not to mention the really fun head cold I have right now. I must not add anymore to my schedule at this point. Besides the two field trips in the next few weeks that we've already planned.

Noah's (and my) birthday is next week. We had planned for a little get together for him and his friends but we've decided a family birthday this year would be best. We are going to the movies on our birthday, just the two of us and going birthday shopping and then on the weekend of our birthday we are going to a haunted trail (which is really cool, very theatrical,) in Marshall, MI and have a nice dinner with dad.

Some good news is... Caleb has a job! He's working at a organic/health cafe'. His hours are different each day, added with his college classes, it's created a bit more stress on the schedule for mom, but worth it! I'm just so happy for him!!! (did I already tell you this?)

Some bad news... my husband is stressing out because ANOTHER lay off may be in the near future. I'm just letting him stress about this enough for the two of us. I told him "we've made it through it before, we'll do it again." But it is bulls*!$ (excuse my language) that we have to even worry about this so soon after the last one!

Ah, but this is all part of life... sometimes there's a easy flow, sometimes things are hectic. I'm just hanging in there.... waiting for someone to squirt some fresh milk my way. Until then I'll be checking in on every one's blog and posting here and there... just when something really interesting happens. Yeah...

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't believe you are having to deal with another possible layoff...I think that must be one of the most stressful things we go through, isn't it? Coupled with your mom's health issues. Hang in there, dearie. ♥

What movie are you and Noah planning to see? Kayla's been begging me to take her to that owl one...can't think of what it's called.

Let me be the first to wish you a HAPPY birthday (yeah, a little early, lol).

Tammy said...

Oh, I also wanted to say, PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THE HAUNTED TRAIL!!! Pretty please??? ;) batting my eyes here. That sounds so fun. We love stuff like that. Emily went to a corn maze last night with a bunch of friends and they all had fun getting lost and scaring each other, lol. I love this time of year!

Sharon said...

Oh Anet, I am so sorry. I'll be thinking about you and am sending you a big hug. Take care of yourself and that cold. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Tammy,
my daughter and I went to see the owl movie last week. She (14 yr old gamer) loved it. I didn't. The animation was amazing but otherwise it was super fast paced and loud and violent.

Anet said...

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for all the well wishes and the Birthday wish too.

Yep, that's the movie! It's too bad we're so far away it would be so fun for Noah and Kayla to go to the movies together:)
Noah is reading the book series "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" that the movie is from.

Oh yes, I'll be sure to get some photos of the haunted trails. This is really cool, very interactive and it's like being in a play... a spooky play. The year we went it was a pirate story. This year it's about a little girl's nightmare. Ooooo....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the hug Sharon, I really needed one! I will try to take care of myself:)

I've put off that movie as long as I could with my vertigo acting up again... sounds like it's not going to be much fun for me... and it's in 3D! Ugh... I have to do it though, for my little guy's birthday:)

Tammy said...

Seriously 3D??? Oh no. lol. Thanks for the heads up and forewarnings, Anet and Sharon.

Anet said...

Hey Tammy, it all depends on the theater, some have it as 3D and some do not.
Yeah, 3D and vertigo...whoohoo!

Tara said...

Hugs to you all, Anet. Your family is in my thoughts.

PS. Thanks for switching up the comments option!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Happy Birthday to you,Anet and Noah, sorry to hear about the health problems and work stress for your family.. I wish you to be happy.. if anyone deserves it you do..

You always pack so much into your life.. I don't know where you get all the energy!!! you are quite something!!
Take care...

Blog Archive