The cottage, Lake Huron
where the Ojibiwe lived for hundreds of years. ~
Sunrise...
The view from the cottage.
A little spiral love!
Noah combing the beach for cool rocks.
Brad using the metal detector... we found a beer can!
The path from the cottage to the beach.
Grandma checking out Lake Huron from the deck.
"Guess what I found, Mom!"
Conquering the beach!
Autumn and Kevin arrive just in time for the campfire.
The Mighty Mac... Mackinac Bridge with a freighter.
Fort Michilimackinac
Mackinaw City, MI
This gentleman was amazing! He shared his spirit with Noah.
~Miigwetch
The Red Coat.
~Mackinac Island~
We're Fudgies!
(the locals lovingly call the tourist fudgies because of all the fudge they buy...
we bought 5 different flavors, Maple Nut is the best! :)
Downtown Mackinac Island.... smells like fudge and horses, interesting combination.
Downtown Mackinac Island.... smells like fudge and horses, interesting combination.
My view from our carriage tour of the Island.
View from the fort on the Island... beautiful!
Noah was getting a little cranky, so we locked him up.
That didn't work so we made him take a knitting lesson...
that straightened him up!
In a much better mood now,
Noah strolling the streets of Mackinac Island...
Noah strolling the streets of Mackinac Island...
Only walking, bikes and horses are allowed on the Island.
Arch Rock. My favorite spot!
Letterboxing on the Island.
Note to self: check bottom of letterboxes for slugs before placing them on your lap.
Alpena, MI
On the way home we stopped in Alpena, MI for a few museums.
Using the Microscope at the Besser Museum
Captain Noah steers us safely through the storm.
Shipwreck simulator (very cool) at the Thunder Bay Maritime Museum.
Back home, safe and sound, happy... and exhausted!




10 comments:
Wow. How beautiful! Looks like it was an amazing week from here. Thank god we've moved past communal toilets! yuck
I wanna go there!!!! Beautiful pics and stories Anet!
These are lovely photographs. It looks like Noah had a great time there! What a fun and wonderful family vacation.
What a great trip!! That sunrise is so beautiful. This island sounds looks like a wonderful place. Great to see you all having such a great time!!!!!
have a great week
lisa
Oh, this looks like it was soooooo much fun! I'm so glad you were able to relax with your family. ...And that Noah learned to knit! lol!!! ;)
Anet,
Great pictures! How did you find out about the cabin? We might have to look into that next year. We normally tent in Indian River and tehn drive up to Mackinaw...hmmmmm.
Carla
Carla,
I just google cottages for rent in the area we want to go and I get tons of choices.
I did the same for the cabin in the mountains last year in Ohio.
Looks like an absolutely amazing vacation! Love that spiral love, of course! Michigan has so many beautiful spots -- the U.P. holds a special place in my heart as I always feel so peaceful when I am there. Glad you were able to get away and enjoy.
Tara,
Thought of you when I made that:)
You are so sweet, Anet. One of these days we are going to meet in person and have that cup of tea...
Post a Comment