Friday, August 6, 2010

Thrifty find and drying hydrangeas

I found this handmade little shelf at a yard sale yesterday. A prefect home for my salt and pepper shakers! $2

I caught Noah's image in the toaster shaker.

The only thing that's growing well in my garden this year are the hydrangeas. I wait until later summer when the blooms have turned from white to chartreuse and have a vintage look to them. Then I cut them, strip off the leaves and place them in a small amount of water that I let run out. I'll have dried hydrangeas for the rest of the year. A house down the street has the most beautiful blue/purple/pink hydrangea bush that I drool over every time I walk pass. Maybe some day my scissors should take a walk with me... hehehe... no, I wouldn't really do that.

2 comments:

Tara said...

You have that rare gift of bringing home garage sale finds and making them look like a million dollars. I've tried but all they look like is... garage sale finds! Your little salt and pepper shaker collection is adorable.

Autumn Luciano said...

You didn't post a photo of that pretty candle holder I bought you? That's a surprise!

Blog Archive