Thursday, August 5, 2010

Oh well... it's still "Home Sweet Home" for us.

The realtor was very honest... this house is too big, too nice, and a specialty house (because of the in-law apartment) to sell in this market. We wouldn't be able to get what we need right now in this market. So whew.... some relief for me, because I really love my house and neighbors.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad it's working out the way that you want. You do have some lovely old homes in your area though! So nice to see those old gems (even if they are in the rough) instead of rows and rows of McHouses. Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tacky... (Do you watch WEEDS?)

tiff said...

well it was fun to dream with you for a little while...and thankfully you have an honest realtor...as our market is horrible for real estate here too! i love the photos of your house...and look forward to more. ♥ ♥

Anet said...

Hi Tara,
No, I haven't seen it but Autumn has suggested watching Weeds to me. She really enjoys it. I'll have to check it out sometime.
It's been a little emotional roller coaster for a few weeks. But now I'm settling down. We'll just have to figure out how to tighten our belts around here for a few more years.
It's all good:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Tiff,
I'm really glad this realtor was honest with us. He loved the home and said he'd be glad to sell it for us when the market gets better. When ever that will be.
If our house was about 4 blocks east of here it would of been a different story, better prices over there, umph!

Blog Archive