Friday, August 27, 2010

Hee-Haw... Peddle-Peddle-Peddle...


This donkey represents me.... and how I'm feeling about The Purple Squirrel right now. Do you see her tongue sticking out in disregard?
I know, just look at the clown's reaction! He just can't believe the donkey could feel this way!
The donkey loved her blog. Blogging used to bring joy and connection to the poor ole donkey, now the donkey is unsure about blogging anymore.

But wait! there's the Civil War Muster this weekend! Oh yeah, the donkey has blogged about the Muster for two years in a row now....boring! What about the vacation to the beach soon... really, who cares? You see this is where the donkey is right now... gloomy ole donkey!
Donkey's going on vacation... and until then a bloggy break. Maybe I'll sow some wild oats while I'm gone and come back feeling the love again. Sigh...... and perhaps I won't be comparing my self to an ass any longer.

But first, I must share a photo of my new bike that I'm picking up this weekend. It's a lovely dusty green and cream color with a big-butt brown seat, perfect for a donkey! I've also bought an adorable little brown wicker basket for the handle bars.
Maybe riding the open rode with the wind through my hair will perk up this ole donkey.
Okay... I just might have to post about my new wheels when I get them. But then I'm breaking... and maybe a few pics of Noah at the Muster, cause he is so dang cute in his uniform! But that's it until I'm back from vacation! You're going to have to get along without me for awhile, I know it's going to be tough, but you can do it.
Warm Regards while thinking this whole bloggy thing over. ~Anet

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Holy crimony. My blogger feed is not reading your posts! How many am I behind on? lol. Did you change something in your settings? I just sent you an email saying I was missing your blog posts. Then realized you've been blogging all along. I can't wait to see what you have been up to. It will give me something fun to catch up on over the weekend.

Glad all is well and you ARE still blogging! :)

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

That is a bad ride!!! I know we will miss you terribly! Have a good vacation :)

tiff said...

oh i get the blogging blahs! it feels good to take a break...and then re-energize! not that i have that much more exciting stuff to share...but i think just the idea of doing it...i truly do love doing the blogging thing...

on the other hand...love that bike...wish you were close so you could ride your dusty green bike right next to my pink bike...we could go for a bite to eat and a drink of choice...be it coffee, tea or a stiff one~drink that is! smiles!

enjoy your time away! i will miss reading you!

Tara said...

Blogging can be a love/hate thing... I think it's good to take a break now and then. I always enjoy your posts, so I hope you don't decide to make the break a permanent one -- I would really miss reading Purple Squirrel.
I am totally jealous of your new wheels! Cute, cute, CUTE bike. I can't wait to see a picture of it with the wicker basket...

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi my dear, I was checking to see what you have been up to for the last while as my blogger follower said you had not made a posting for 4-5 weeks... anyway I thought that strange and did my own research and sure enough there you were posting regularly.. now that was weird.. I'm going to see if I can fix it but sometimes blogger does silly things..

have fun on you vacation...

Anet said...

Well... I guess this private mode is really goofy. All along I was thinking everyone left me!

Except Tara, Tiff and Elizabeth.
Maybe I'll just have to open it back up so things are back to normal around here. It's certainly not worth all this trouble!

I'm very sorry Tammy and Gwen and everyone else who has haved trouble with my blog lately.
You just can't trust blogger to work like it's suppose to!

Tammy said...

LOL, Gwen and I (and probably several others) must have been relying on the blog feed to see your new posts. Cuz if you click on your link, voila...there are all of your posts...you haven't been MIA at all! :) I spent a lovely chunk of time this morning catching up on what you are your family have been up to. It was a great way to begin the day!!!

Anet said...

LOL! Maybe this is why I've been feeling like an ole gloomy donkey about my blog lately!

Tammy said...

LOL...yeah I think having most of my friends mysteriously disappear would make ME feel bad, too. You may want to let anyone who hasn't commented lately to just click on your blog link. I've had my blog set to private before, too, but I didn't realize til last night that it disables the blog feed.

Tammy said...

I'm just so glad to see you are here, blogging, and OK! Missed you and your thoughts so much!

Sharon said...

I thought maybe I was blocked or something. I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Hope you have a great vacation and break!

tiff said...

oh anet...you are my only friend that comments on mine...so really i am just writing all my blog posts for you...smiles!!!

like everyone else...i just love coming over to purple squirrel to see what you have been up to!

and i am glad folks figured out that you really have not been hiding out, but that your posts have been hiding via private...smiles!!!

Anet said...

Sharon,

I'd never block you in a millon, zillon years!
You know, I read your blog every time you post.
I wish we could comment though... but I do respect your choices:)
I miss you!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tiff,
Keep on blogging! I love to visit your blog.
It's my comic relief:)

Blog Archive