Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Swimming...

We missed the homeschooler's park day on Monday, Noah was so upset about it. My mom's doctor's appointment took much longer than I expected. So when Brad got home from work we took Noah to a lake to cheer him up... he loves the water! This lake is only about a 5-10 minute drive from us.

Every time Noah would look like this, Brad was ready to rush into the lake to save him.
I told him "Relax, he's practicing swimming." Brad was sure he was drowning (he's a tad paranoid when it comes to the safety of the kids.)
Really, I'm thinking swimming lessons are in order, cause Noah was dog paddling. He's good at swimming under the water, it's swimming with his head out of the water that he needs to work on. Don't ask me to help, I still dog paddle.

From my blanket view...

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh that looks so nice! What lake is it, because if it is 5-10 min for you, it would be that for us! Or is it a "secret" spot! :)

tiff said...

wow what a beautiful photo from your blanket...awesome light/dark contrasts!

as for noah and swimming...he sure does look like he is having some fun! bummer you missed the homeschooling day!

Tara said...

The view from your blanket looks heavenly!
;-) I still dog paddle sometimes too.

Anet said...

Hey Elizabeth,
it's Hawk Island about 5 mins. for green lights and about 10 with red.
On Monday's there is no charge to get in, all other days it's $2.
But I must say a few weeks ago the water was good. This time Noah smelled super strong of algae when he got out... nothing a good shower wouldn't cure. As long as he did swallow any.
He used to get so sick a few days after swimming in lakes... fevers and all.
But this year he's swam about 4 times and hasn't been sick once. Yay! I guess it's something he outgrew maybe.

Elizabeth said...

Could be or could have just been in the water! Glad to hear whatever it was he hasn't gotten sick yet! Hawk Island - yes! It just looks so different when you don't see the splash pad! Thanks for the info!

Blog Archive