Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vintage Goodies...

Autumn went to an estate sale the other day. They had posted many photos of the items for sale online. She went extra early to get an entrance number. She was number 18. I had told her of a few things to grab for me if she could. I got two of the three things I wanted... not too bad. We also talked on the phone while she was there. I was telling her "look for this, look for that."

My wonderful scores:)


A BIG rooster Carnival Chalkware Prize. $10

Autumn was told the man who lived there actually won this at a carnival in 1932.

A vintage Dapol yellow chef napkin holder.$4
It's in good shape, usually the facial features are worn off.

I missed out on the plastic yellow cat salt and pepper shakers... dang!
But she surprised me with a cute trio of squirrels... yeah!

Autumn found some stuff for her Etsy shop. Some super cute owl patio lights.

Also for her pin-up photos some of those tulle under skirts...

there's a name for those things... it just escapes me.

Oh yes, crinolines... that's it.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Very nice (I love the rooster)! I'm glad Autumn was able to pick them up for you. :) :) :)

Tara said...

I'm really intrigued by the carnival prize pieces. I must look up more info on those some time. Autumn is such a sweetie -- your own personal shopper!

Autumn Luciano said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-CARNIVAL-PRIZE-CHALKWARE-SQUIRREL-BANK-/310229772158?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b22a77e

Ruth said...

What a great idea for Autumn to find "props" and clothes pieces for her photo shoots.

I love your collections. :)

sandy said...

What fun to see the treasure. Can't wait until I've relocated some day and can start "collecting" thrift store treasures again.

Blog Archive