Have you ever played the Mystery Date game?
My best friend in grade school had this game. Oh what fun we'd have opening the mystery door to reveal our dream date! I remember squealing with laughter when we opened the door to see the dud standing there, the poor chap! Of course, every girl wanted the dashing young man in the tuxedo to be waiting for her behind the door. There was a bowling date, a beach date and a skiing date. Now my husband Brad is no tuxedo wearing prom date, (he's a bowler:) But he's pretty darn cute, I think... so I guess he'll do.
Having sleep-overs, eating pizza, sipping root beers and blasting "Locomotion" on the old 45 record player while dancing about so loud that the parents would yell at us to "stop that noise!" Talking about the cute boys at school, loads of giggling, wearing our polka dotted pj's & fuzzy pink slippers and playing the Mystery Date game.... Ah... the good times!





4 comments:
One of my daughter's friends picked up a vintage copy of this game when she was about 10 and they loved to play it. I used to spend hours playing Monopoly with my brother. We'd have a big tournament and make our own money and extra hotels to keep the game going for weeks in the summer. It was crazy... and fun!
Loved this game. Remember playing it many times. Also remember to listening to Locomotion alot too.
Blessings
Diane
I've never played this game, though I've heard of it.
My friends and I loved dancing at our sleep overs. Blasting music, dancing, and eating ice cream...good memories. :)
Hey Tara,
I'm showing my age when I've played a vintage game:) LOL! Oh well, we all have to go vintage sometime. It's really an awful game for girls when you really think about it to today's standards. But still fun:)
I had to laugh at your monopoly play! That is so funny.
Caleb refuses to play monopoly, something to do with his morals... I don't know:) murmuring something about commercialism or consumerism...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Diane,
sounds like we just might be close to the same age and that we would of played well together:) I love that song Locomotion!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah...Yes Tammy,
it's a bit before your time. I must remember most of my readers are just kittens still:) Meowwww.....
Post a Comment