When I was little there was NO better bubble bath ever!
Little perfume smelling dolls... I had about 3 or 4 different scents. I loved these!
My all time favorite suckers... Charms Sweet and Sour,
cherry was the best. You can still buy these on line in bulk only.
Getting a little older I wore lots of Halter tops. My sister Debi would sew us halter tops in all different calico's and styles. She would also make our bell bottom jeans even bigger with adding calico triangles pieces to the sides of the legs... I remember matching halter top and bell bottom calico jeans. Yeah, I was styling!
Kabongers... I had a neon pink pair.
Quickly banned at school and then from the market. Pieces would chip off and fly at you, also they could knock a tooth out. They just don't make toys like these anymore!
Okay, this is the BEST smelling shampoo and conditioner ever made on the planet! Junior high, I always used "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" and it did! I just found out that you can still buy this online only it's $14.95 a bottle, YIKES! But it just might be worth it. Click here for the link.
Ahh... Mork and Mindy!
I named my cats Mork and Mindy and I wore my hair just like Mindy did when I was in Junior High School. I dressed like her... I wanted to be just like her. yeah... I don't know what that was all about. Maybe I was hoping for an alien boyfriend or something.











5 comments:
Gee Your Hair Smells Teriffic...I haven't thought of that in YEARS! I loved the commercials, lol
And Mr. Bubble...
And Mork and Mindy...
Good times. :)
I used to BEG for those little perfume dolls. I had one who lived in a lavender bubble. And kabongers... we just called them clackers... my sister's friends had them and I thought they were so incredibly cool. I did have my own Mr. Bubble though! :-) My sister used to sew matching halter tops for us, trapezoid shaped with soft cotton rope twists at the neck and under the bust for ties, and we loved to wear them. I couldn't pay my daughter to wear one now...
Tammy, I swear if I had $30 dollars to blow I'd buy me some shampoo and conditioner:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tara,
I've noticed that some parts of the country called them clackers, I'm not sure of the offical name of them.
I'd think Asha would be digging a halter top. Heh...maybe not her era:) I know Autumn is NOT into the 70's at all.
Oh my gosh, I loved this post! Brought back lots of memories! I LOVE the kabanger things! In fact, I have been looking for them and this reminded me of my search. When I was looking for them I found a bunch of web sites devoted to this topic of "retro" things.
Here is one of the web sites http://midlifecrisis.honadvblogs.com/2008/12/21/do-you-remember-toys/
So, fun to see all those forgotten things but then when you see them you remember them like it was yesterday! Too fun!
Hey Anet, I love the story about Mindy and how you were taken with her.. and I bet you think your hubbie is Out-of-this-world!!!
Post a Comment