Noah spent the entire time in the water. He loves to swim! The life guards clear out the swimming area every hour for a few minutes giving Noah a moment to have some watermelon. Which was so juicy and flavorful, last year I couldn't get a decent watermelon for the life of me!
It was so good to spend time with the other homeschool moms, catching up with each other.
The only bad part of the day was for some strange reason the sunscreen I used didn't work at all.
I look and feel like a boiled LoBsTeR!!! Last night was rough! Lots of vinegar, aloe and Tylenol trying to deal with the pain. Poor Noah has burned shoulders and a burned nose. But he was mostly protected from the sun with the lake water. I think he was so tried from all the swimming that he slept pretty good last night.
This sunscreen is a fine mist spray and is suppose to be waterproof -SPF50. I didn't like the way it sprayed out and the smell was pretty gross. I am throwing it in the trash!!!
Do you have any good sunburn relief tips? ~This lobster needs to go butter herself now... have a lovely day!




5 comments:
Vitamin E oil! We used to buy the capsules, cut them open, and spread it over the sunburn. But last year I found a BOTTLE of Vitamin E oil and it is so much easier to use. It really helps with sunburn.
I love the photo of noah and the watermelon, too, by the way!
Ohhh the sunburn sounds painful, I haven't had one in years. No hints that I can think of.. I too love that photo of Noah eating the colorful watermelon amongst the brown tones, cool.
Maybe an oatmeal bath? I think Aveeno makes one you can buy at the drug store. Sarna lotion is very soothing as well.
So sorry about the burns. Take care!
Thanks everyone:) I've been having fun with photoScape and editing photos.
Tammy, my mom had a little bit of Vitamin E in a bottle... used it up. It really helped.
The worst part now is the top of my shoulders. Very painful still. I'm not happy wearing clothes:(
I'm stumped at how I could get so burned. I even check my prescription for sun sensitity. Nothing mentioned about that.
The sun is just not like it use to be!
make that (sun sensitivity)ugh!
Post a Comment