Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boozhoo!

Boozhoo!~Greetings!
Noah is coming along with his Ojibwe language lessons;
He's learned how to say "I love you" and tells me in Ojibwe all the time... so cute!

"Gi zah gin!"

Here's some color words we're working on:

The medicine wheel~ four directions~ four elements~ four seasons.
misskwa~red

mukaday~black

wabiska~white

ozawahn~yellow

I've placed word cards around the house with the Ojibwe and English translations for everyday objects. We have them through out the kitchen and living room.

Weegiwahm Ekinamadiwin Babamadizwin~Home Teaching Journey
Gigawabamin nagutch!~ See you later!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! This is incredibly cool! I didn't know you could speak Ojibwe, Anet. To take the time to pass it on to Noah is so special.

Anet said...

Hi Tara,

Megwetch~ Thank you,
I can't speak Ojibwe yet... we're learning together with an Ojibwe language course.
Noah is much better at this than I am. It's in his blood I guess and he still has that teachable mind... unlike mine.
I have come up with some other ideas to help us learn the language like posting the word cards.

Blog Archive