My Boo is not feeling well. He's lost 6 pounds in a few weeks. He weighed 24 pounds at Christmas and now he's down to 18 pounds. I know that's still a big cat. But he's been 24 pounds for years. He's not himself lately. He doesn't want to eat much and has stop rough housing with the other cats. I'm taking him to the vet this week. We need to find out what's going on.
He feels like skin and bones to us and seems to not enjoy being cuddled anymore. He's also stopped paying attention to his "babies." A stuffed chicken and penguin that he carries around the house. I'm worried... something is wrong.





6 comments:
Sending positive thoughts for your Boo!!!
Oh please keep us updated. As a family with 3 cats (um...not cats but Family Members) we will be thinking of you and Boo.
If only our furry babies could talk and tell us exactly where it hurts. I'll be holding you and Boo in my thoughts this week.
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your well wishes!
Boo is going to the vet first thing tomorrow morning for blood test and maybe x-rays. He's lost another 1/2 lb. since last week.
He seems to be eating more though since I bought canned cat food for him and this morning I was so happy to see his babies in front of my bedroom door. (that's were they usually are every morning and then he'll carry them around to other places throughout the day.)
Hoping for the best for Boo. That's such a feeling to notice the weight loss, feel it in your cat (or dog), and know something is wrong. Hope they find it's something easy to fix.
♥ hugs ♥ i am thinking about you and your family...and your sweet Boo!
Post a Comment