Autumn had a wedding shoot near town so she spent the weekend with us. I love when she comes back home to stay the weekend ;)
So this morning after breakfast we did "Autumn's and mom's favorite things" antiquing and thrifting.
Here's my antique finds of the day;
Kissing Strawberries shakers... very 50's!
Carnival Chalkware Kitty
My first piece! I've been eyeing these adorable chalkware carnival prizes from the 20's, 30's, and 40's for some time now. The kind of prize a young man would win for his sweetheart at a carney's booth. Chalkware prizes came in all sorts of characters. I'm thrilled my first one is a kitty. Half price today!
Cast Iron doorstop... Noah loves this ship!
I didn't have much luck at the thrift store; some extra cereal bowls (we never seem to have enough) and a cute baby~blue flowery summer skirt. But Autumn found an amazing pink vintage swim suit! It's just adorable!!! I'm guessing the 40's/50's era. I can't believe she found it at the thrift store for a few dollars. It was a wonderful way to spend Sunday morning!




3 comments:
I didn't know about chalkware. Interesting! Those kissing shakers are so sweet. And what a great find for Autumn at the thrift! Will she use the suit for her pin-up pics (which are amazing, by the way)?
Hi Tara,
Oh yes, it will most definitely be in some pin-up pics. They will be adorable.
She said I should have some pin-ups done. I just laughed... maybe some frumpy old housewife photos. Good grief!
Tomorrow she's taking pin-up photo with some vintage airplanes for the background.
I can't wait to see them! I'll try to share more of her work here at the Purple Squirrel.
Amazing Anet...I look forward to seeing some of Autumn pin-up shots. And I would have said the exact same thing to Autumn...giggle :)
I never knew anything about Chalkware...you are a wealth of knowledge and so fun to see your finds while you thrift...What a great way to spend the day with your daughter...so cool!
I can only imagine the excitement on Noah's face as he uses that ship as a doorstop...so fun!
Post a Comment