We have a few camping trips planned. One with friends and the other just us. Yes, I know we just bought this tent last summer. But we've got our eye on a different one from Coleman that sets up in less than a minute... if you can believe that! Our tent from last year had a few problems last time we camped, like caving in! But I'm sure if we used more a few more anchor ropes we'd be okay... My husband is the one not lovin the tent. I'm still into it.
Noah has a few camps to attend this summer all at the Turner Dodge House. His first camp is Revolutionary War Camp, then Harry Potter (for the 4th year) and last but not least Civil War Camp (for the 3rd year.)
Of course we'll be going to the Civil War Muster in Jackson, MI and a few small field trips: letterboxing hunts and some other historical places. Speaking of historical places we are planning on a trip to Gettysburg for our fall birthday trip, which may have to be in Sept. not Oct. when our birthday really is. But that's okay. Oh yes, we'll be staying a whole week with a day trip to Washington DC to visit a few of the Smithsonian Museums. I'm so excited for that!
As for homeschool plans: Noah and I are learning to speak Ojibwa... at least I'm are trying. We've just started with these wonderful language Cd's I found through the library. Noah can now say: Hello, Are you Anishinaabe?, No, Yes, and thank you. He's much better at this than I am.... I guess my brain is a little slow these days.
We'll still be hanging out with our homeschool friends at park days each week. Towards the end of summer we'll be brushing up on our Civil War history... getting ready for our trip. Also I'm gathering up lesson plans for some fall classes I'm teaching the homeschoolers. Michigan's Native People and Letterboxing.
You know, this is almost the same as last summer's plans. Hmmm.....
Have you made any plans for summer yet? Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing summer ahead!





4 comments:
Well this looks like a lot of fun. For us, the older girls are working and just doing the same ol' same ol. Kayla will be taking swimming lessons and going to zoo camp again. We are going to be doing a lot of camping. And pretty much everything else will be the same...camping, fires in the backyard firepit, biking, reading, relaxing, etc... :)
I LOVE SUMMER!
I think these sound like wonderful summer traditions (that's what we call anything that happens more than one time at our house... sounds so much better than "the same thing we did last year") I hope you'll post about them all, especially the pow wow.
I am making plans now and we will be continuing many summer "traditions" as well: Shakespeare Festival, Ohio Light Opera, 4th of July festival in my brother's town. Some new things are coming too. Right now, I'm looking forward to finishing school next week. Hurrah!
what a wonderful summer you have planned. happy to hear you are camping again. the pow wow sounds wonderful. Goose went to one a few weeks ago and loved it.
we are going camping, up to my mom's place in Oregon for at least a week, Goose is doing some coop camps with her friends from preschool, we are going to Sutter Creek for some Gold Rush fun, and a couple of Missions here in the Bay Area, hiking in our favorite woods, boating and fishing with grandma and grandpa and watching cousin play baseball, Goose is supposed to be volunteering at the local SPCA this summer, but they just had a fire so we aren't sure about that, Binky will be fencing and practicing archery.
phew... i'm tired just thinking about it!!
i am looking forward to days in the sun reading, playing with the kids, enjoying each and every moment with my mom and her husband and lots of summer bbqs!
have a great week
lisa
Looks like you all have some wonderful plans for summer. I guess if it's fun and you enjoy it, why not do it again:)
Sometimes summer can fly by so fast, I hope this summer long and lazy!
But dang, it's so hot already!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tammy,
Sounds like a nice summer coming up. It sure is nice the older girls are working. I wish Caleb could find a steady job!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tara, Yay for school breaks:) You guys do some really cool artsy summer stuff:) love that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa,
Noah would go nuts for some real Gold Rush fun. We just got a gold panning kit in the mail today. We're waiting for it to cool off a bit before going outside to do it.
Also fencing is so cool!
Post a Comment