Autumn's new hobby... working on the family tree. I just knew it would be full of nuts! We warned her not to dig, but she did.
It's not all bad, just weird stuff like a great-grandfather being murdered by his stepson with an axe. The lady above is Matilda, my great-grandmother. Married to Alfred (below) who was killed by Matilda's son Frank from her first marriage in the late 1800's. Frank was about 16 at the time he axed Great-grandpa Alfred and spent the rest of his life in an insane asylum. He lived well into his 80's. NO one in the family was allowed to speak of him or what happened.
This is my mother's father's parents. I feel so sad for Frank. Frank was defending his mother from her drunk abusive husband, who's portrait is hanging in my dinning room! I never knew that he was abusive or murdered. Kind of creepy!!!
Great-grandfather Alfred... hanging in my dinning room.
(Looks so much like my brother David.)
I swear those eyes follow you around the room!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Some good news for Noah;
On my mother's mother's side was great-great grandfather Hiram LaClear. Who was a Civil War soldier in a Michigan infantry. Noah was very excited about that! For the past year or so Noah has wished for a Civil War soldier in the family. I never knew!






5 comments:
oh my goodness...maybe Sniffy was one of your family members reincarnated...♥ ♥ being that you have some nuts in your past...giggle!
sometimes it is fun to find out the strange things in our families...i love that you said you think your g.g.father's eyes follow you...kinda creepy.
Oh I love family histories... This was so interesting to read, and I'm so pleased to read Noah's a descendent of a Civil War soldier!
You know how I feel about genealogy. It's my obsession. What an interesting story! I hope Autumn has fun digging around your roots. :-D
Hey Tiff,
I do think Sniffy and I were kindred spirits for sure! I can't believe how much I miss that squirrel!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tammy,
Noah was besides himself with joy! He can't wait for Civil War camp this summer to tell all his friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Wendy,
I know your passion for genealogy! You have such a interesting family!
I think the bug has bite Autumn. Kevin said she was up until 5:00am a few times digging around online.
She's come to some road blocks. Also it seems to be really hard to find out much about the Ojibwa Indian side of the family.
Not much more than we already knew anyways.
So interesting! And exciting for Noah too. I hope you'll continue the story as Autumn finds out more.
Post a Comment