Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ghost Hunting...

Angel in the cementery...

~~~~~~~~~~

My sister Deb and I joined Autumn and Kevin on our first and most likey only ghost hunt last night. They are members of a Michigan Ghost Hunters team.

Deb using the EMF detector.


We went to Bath, MI (not too far from here) Where on May 18, 1927 a sick and demented man blew up the school and killed many children and school employees. He first killed his wife and blew up his house before heading over to the school. His name was Andy Keyhoe he was the school's janitor. Some families lost 3 of their children. More than anyone could bare.

A wreath in front of the copula to honor those who perished.

We first went to the cemetery where some of the children are buried and then when it was dark we headed over where the school used to be located. It's now a park. The copula of the school still sits there, with many plaques about the bombing.

Autumn and Kevin bought a toy cat with them that will meow when it's ear is pinched.
She sat it down on a bench and announced to the spirit children that they were welcome to play with it. She told them. "If you would like, you can make the cat meow by pressing the button on it's left ear."
A second later... "MEOWWW....." My sister and I freaked out and ran for our lives (you never saw two old ladies run so fast!) away from the cat as Kevin and Autumn ran towards it, snapping photos. Crazy people!!!! Oh and sorry Autie, about squeezing your arm so hard!

After we settled down, Autumn got the children to respond to us every time she asked them to. We played children's games like Ring-around-the-rosie and London Bridge. After awhile the cat would not respond anymore and we decided it was time "to wrap it up." (That's ghost hunting lingo.)

Orbs or just dust? Who knows for sure?

I'm not too sure I'll ever go ghost hunting again.... cause they are out there, really they are!
Do you believe in the spirit world?

9 comments:

Autumn Luciano said...

You about took my arm off! Totally worth it seeing you two freaked out though. (o:

Jennifer said...

That's so awesome! I'd love to go ghost hunting someday. Love the Ghost Hunters show!

Lisa said...

Wow! That is so cool!! You're a trooper Anet! I've had several encounters with ghosts. Once a woman was standing at the foot of my bed just watching me. And another time I felt a freezing cold chill surround me on a 90 degree day. I hope Autie's arm is okay!!
have a great week
lisa

dandelionlady said...

I think there's all kinds of spirits out there, people who have passed on, faries, all kinds of beings. What a wild experience you had. Wow! Mine just like to steal things unless I tell them stories. Either that, or I have a nasty habit of losing stuff and telling stories to myself :)

Tara said...

That sounds scary... but cool. I do believe in spirits and energies though. Last year we went on a ghost walk, which was very cool. We have a little friend at our house who leaves marks on the mirrors, always in the same spot on each mirror. At first I thought it was my daughter doing it to prank me but after a year of this, even during times she isn't here, it appears that's not the case. Maybe Autumn, Kevin and the cat need to come for a visit and investigate? You and I can head out and get a cup of tea. :-)

Anet said...

Yes, I'm sure it was Autumn:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jennifer,

I love that show too. We've been watching it for years!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay Lisa, that would freak me out!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI Dandelionlady,
We had a spirit in the house I grew up in that stoled stuff all the time and violently rattled doors. Which scared the crap out of me! My mother would just tell me "oh, it's just the wind."
Yeah, the wind rattling the attic and basement doors! right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marks on mirrors... hmmmm... that's creepy!
If it gets out of control, just give us a call.
Like you said, we'll go out for tea:)

sandy said...

This is so cool I need to do this sometime. I absolutely know they are around, my family who have crossed over have proven it to me.

Tammy said...

LOL, yes that would have freaked me out, too!

And YES, I do believe in spirits.

Anet said...

Hi Sandy,
Yes they do visit us, don't they.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tammy,

I'm telling you when that cat meowed I just couldn't believe it. Too much for me to handle!!!

Blog Archive