of Alice May.
Autumn painted a portrait of her grandmother (my mother.) I loved it so much that Autumn agreed I could keep it on the mantel for awhile. I wish the photos could show you the gold paint in her hair and eyes. It's really pretty. I'm always amazed at Autumn's paintings. She doesn't consider herself an artist. She doesn't paint very often anymore... sometimes I forget how gifted she is.She's working hard at her photography business and is booking a lot of pin-up girl shoots and she has tons of weddings coming up this spring and summer. She'll be celebrating her 2nd year anniversary with Kevin on Valentines day. Yes, their first date was on Valentines day:)
Acrylic on canvas.
~~~~~~~~
A quick catch up. What we've been up to...
I haven't been blogging much lately. Really, just because not much has been going on around here. We're getting ready to have our taxes done... yay! Noah has been reading, a lot! He's attending home school classes each week on Tuesdays; Photography, Creative Challenges, Michigan Birds, and Drama.
The drama class is putting on a play and will preform it at a local theater. Noah is super excited about being on a real stage! He has a pretty big part, so we've been role rehearing at home. He plays the role of a movie producer... go figure, just like his sister.
I've been battling a cold and trying to knit a scarf. Excitement, right? Brad is working here and there and we've been trying to figure out our budget with crazy paychecks. I'm just SO very grateful he's still working at all!
Caleb is....hmmm.... a stressed out, dramatic teenager driving his parents nutty. He's really into his music right now and volunteers (too much) time at a local music venue. He's going girlfriend- less right now... whew! The last one was a absolute nut chase! I know I problaby shouldn't say that, but I've never seen such a mess of a child. I feel so bad for her and really hope she'll turn things around in her life. Bless her heart, but I'm SO glad Caleb not having to deal with it any longer. Just find a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders, PLEASE!




9 comments:
thanks for the update...life is life and it certainly keeps going...we just plug away at the everyday stuff here too!
i love...love...love that painting...autumn has fabulous talent...she is definitely an ARTIST!
btw...i am so not ready for our kiddo's to get in that stage of girl drama...i don't think my heart could take it! i know it is around the corner...but i am holding onto the baby side of them...until it gets over ruled...smiles :)
You know, Autumn needs to realize she IS an artist. I would love to be able to do a painting this nice!
I was so excited looking at that painting that I didn't read the rest of your post. Anyway, nice reading the update on you and the kids. Glad you hubby is still getting some work here and there.
However Autumn views herself, I hope she'll always paint. There is something so magical about her and the work she produces... I can't put my finger on it, but I love seeing it!
All those everyday details, they make life wonderful. Good luck to Noah! Hope we'll see your scarf soon! (And feel better)
Hi Anet... absolutely amazing artist you have there!! Wow!!!
and Noah's photos in the last post made me chuckle.. Talent is flowing down your way.. I enjoyed it all. thanks.. the best to Caleb too..
Autumn is an amazing artist in all ways. I hope you don't get sick. Good luck to Noah in the play! I'm sure it will be fun. And here's hoping next time Caleb does find a girl he fancies, she will be sane. ;)
Thanks everyone I'll let Autumn know how much you liked her painting.
She is amazing, isn't she?! (proud momma talking here:)
anet!!!!!
we are making it through our first duluth winter. the boys are doing well in school but MN seems to be much more pro-active (pushy??) about reading. They are already doing sight words but the boys have no interest in flash cards!
I LOVE your daughter's painting! it is wonderful!
have you just started to learn to knit?
my oldest son is really into music as well. we got him a new guitar and a bass for xmas. he has had a much harder transition because he is shy and introverted.
jay is working a lot. the boys are only in part time K so must of my time is spent with them and the new baby--Una Beatrix!
i was a crazy teenage girl. i know that some mom's HATED me. but nevertheless i don't want my son with one either ; )
sorry to hear about your mom--you have a lot on your plate!
drop me a line at my livejournal or email
teresa_shoaps@yahoo.com
t.
Hi Teresa!!
It's so good to hear from you!
I think of you and your family often. I'm so glad to hear your family is doing well.
I bet Una is just a doll!
Tell Finn and Carter "Hello" for me. I miss them guys! (and you.)
I did just learn to knit, I've made some scarves and hats. I want to learn how to make mittens next.
Yeah, the whole son/girlfriend thing is something else! We can only wish for the best:) Stop back in and keep in touch!
Post a Comment