One kind word can warm three winter months.
Chinese proverb
~~~~~~
May your winter be filled with sparkles, joy, warmth...
and a little magic:)
This morning we will light our Solstice ice~candle and eat blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Noah will put on a Solstice puppet show "The Yule Battle" with the Oak and Holly King puppets. The family will receive gifts of warmth... hats, long underwear, cozy soft blankets.
We'll remember our animal friends with left over pancakes, filling the feeders with seed and hang a garland of fruit and nuts.
Tonight we'll light our candle again and have some quiet time... listening to the winter winds... all cozy and warm. Merry Solstice and Love to all!
A few handmade items I've been working on.
A vintage music sheet star and a catnip monster for the kitties.




9 comments:
Merry Solstice! The Yule battle puppets are cute cute!! so are your crafts, and your kind words have warmed my morning :o) Enjoy your day together!
I love the star, I am going to try my hand at one of those today. Happy Solstice (I can't believe it is only the first day of winter!).
And happy solstice to you, too! :)
Beautiful! This post just made me smile.
Happy Solstice to you and your family. :-)
Happy Solstice to you and yours!!! We are spending the evening in an ancient, candle lit wood with friends, music, story-telling and cider! Can't wait!
Enjoy!
Lisa
A warm and Merry Solstice to you and your family!!! Welcome to the Oak King and the light half of the year!
Much love to you, Anet, Brad and the kids!
I ADORE the apple-orange garland, so very lovely.
I was researching yule logs yesterday. So cool! You're supposed to burn it Christmas Eve, then set aside a remnant of the log to protect the house through the year, then ignite it for next year's yule log to burn.
Happy holidays Anet! Such a wonderful way to celebrate the Solstice.
Warm wishes. lisa
happy belated solstice day! hope you enjoyed the coming back of light! peace to you and your family!
Post a Comment