Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homeschoolin on a Sunday

Hehehe... I'm such an evil momma! I made Noah homeschool on a Sunday!


Studying the Salem Witch Trials.
We hung Rebbecca Good for practicing witch craft.... She was seen talking with squirrels!
*****************

Apple Jack: peeled, craved and hanging in the fireplace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Christiane over at Spiraling (who' really a great artist)
http://movinginspirals.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/boo/
showed us a really fun art project. Self portraits seen from the back of a spoon. These two characters look sort of freaky, don't you think?

Noah's spoon self portrait.


Anet's spoon self portrait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He also did a page of math problems and reading comprehension. I told you I was evil!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL, you evil mama, you! ;)

I just finished reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond again (a fave from my childhood). It seemed like a good read for October. :)

Anonymous said...

Noah's portrait is freaking me out! While I'd love to say you look evil, the bunny t-shirt seems to negate any wicked vibes I was picking up. :-)
I've always wanted to head to Salem in October. It looks like there are a million cool events going on. For now we'll stick with reading a book or two.

Anet said...

I've never read that book Tammy.
I wonder if Noah would like it?
Unless it's too scary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Ah Tara, but you don't see the cross bones just under the bunny head. It's a Halloween shirt and the bunny's face flashes when I move.
Someday I'd love to go to Salem!

Lisa Anne said...

Oh, you are bad! I packed Amelia off to Florida for a week and gave her math homework and writing assignments and a poem to memorize while she is away- so I may be just as bad. MwaaHaaHaaaa...

Lisa said...

HA!!! Love homeschoolin sundays! Did a little of that over here today too!

Salem witch trials....what fun! I would have been hung or burned for sure b/c of my red hair and love of herbs!

lisa

Anet said...

Okay Lisa Anne,
I'm thinking you're way more of an evil momma than me! Sent her away with homework! LOL!!!
Lucky her in Florida, we're freezing our buns off already!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Lisa,
I'd be hung or burned too. With all the squirreling around I do.
I heard one lady was accused of being a witch for talking with her cat! I always talk to my cats, Sniffy and a bunch of other squirrels:)

tiff said...

...you are evil...because it is October...hee! hee!

i love apple jack! and those spoon portraits are way too much fun!

anet...i just love coming over to your place & read of your adventures...i hope you capture the squirrel and the witch having a conversation via camera!

Wendy said...

We homeschool on Sundays sometimes too! Hee hee hee. Oh, wait, ALL the time!

Blog Archive