Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Walk.... looking for seeds.


Today Noah and I went on a wonderful walk around the Tollegate Watershed which is a few blocks north of our house. We are so lucky to live between two nature areas. We went looking for fall seeds and we found them!



We found some super cute ducks too, we spent about 40 minutes just watching the ducks. They were so close to us, they didn't mind us at all. It was really fun to watch them preen themselves and bob under the water for a snack.


We came home and picked some catnip for the cats... Now the cats are rolling around all loopy!
We really are blessed to be homeschoolers! I love days like this, spending time with my sweet boy out in nature. Tomorrow is our first Homeschool classes at our community center.
Noah is taking Photography (with Autumn as his teacher) Creative Challenges (with my good friend Beth) and Drama class. I'm teaching a Strategy Games class for 12 to 18 year olds. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Anet!
What a beautiful place to visit! I love days like that, as well. Noah's classes sound great! Especially photography with Autumn. Good luck with your class! I'm sure it will be great!
Lisa

Tammy said...

Pretty fall colors in those first 2 photos.

Days like this are what it's all about. :)

~Molly~ said...

NICE!!! Sounds like a lovely day! Its rainy here. bluck.

Molly

tiff said...

beautiful homeschoolin' day! nothin' better than a mama and her son! the photos are beautiful...and so many Fall signs!

Wendy said...

I'm so jealous. I keep trying to get Gavin to stop and look at this huge-freakin-mongous Korean seed pods. But he just says, "Drop it, mom!" and walks away. *sigh*

Gorgeous photos. I love the ducks!

Ruth said...

How many times have I said this: Noah is very lucky. I loved seeing the thistle out back in that state Sunday, the silky stage.

I want to be in school like that. Awesome that Autumn will teach Noah photography!

Anonymous said...

Your parks look so pretty! What is it with seed pods? Sometimes I like them better than the actual flowers. :-) Good luck with your class!

Blog Archive