Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thrifty Homeschooling!

I love checking out the free magazine box at the library! Patrons will often bring in their old magazines to give away. Yesterday I hit the jackpot!
An arm load of Scholastic's Instructors Magazines. These magazine are geared toward K-8th teachers but are loaded with awesome activities that homeschool teachers can easily implement at home. Most issues come with a pull out poster, one side has a art poster and a lesson plan for it. The other side is often a poem with activities for it. It's also loaded with ideas and information. I'm loving these. I think when we've worked our way through this stack, I'll order a subscription for myself.

Picasso Double Face by Andy Warhol

The poem Dim by Andy Rush

5 comments:

tiff said...

WoWzErs! Have fun with those mags...looks like Noah has already gotten to work.

Also love your new pumpkin skin on your website...fun & festive & fall!

Tammy said...

Oh wow...what a find!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The local hardware store just started a magazine swap box and I know I'll be headed there with an armful. I just can't toss them in the trash. Enjoy your awesome freebie!

Wendy said...

Ohhh, our library has a book swap, and I'm always looking for something good there.

My subscription to "Scholastic Instructor" is ending soon. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to score some freebies like you did!

Lisa said...

What a score! I am in love with that pumpkin with kitty napping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a photo!!!

Blog Archive