All Aboard!
Photos by Autumn
Today we traveled to Coldwater, MI to ride The Little River Railroad steam engine train.We settled in our seats and we noticed some Civil War soldiers were on the train. Noah was told by a soldier to be sure to hide his money (they had given some of the passengers big dollar bills.)
because he heard bandits were in the area. Noah hid his money under his Union hat for safe keeping! The train traveled along peacefully to the town of Quincy and that's when the trouble started.
Sure enough bandits were trying to rob the train!!! The soldier that sat with Noah laid dead near the tracks, as he and other soldiers bravely protected the train from the bandits!
After the bandits were warded off. We headed back to Coldwater. Noah's money still safe under his hat. (don't worry the soldier wasn't really dead, he rode the train back to the station.)
Here's Autumn taking a photo of me, taking a photo of her;)
Brad; my sweetheart, on the back of the caboose.
Kevin
After the train ride we had a nice steak/buffet dinner. Then stopped at an antique village and a farmers market where I bought three little pumpkins and a huge basket of mums. I'm getting ready for fall!





9 comments:
Anet, I love how you live, teach and learn. This looks like so much fun. I've read about these train rides close by. If I had kids or grandkids I would definitely take them too. History comes alive! And trains are just great. Too bad you didn't post that pic Autumn took of YOU.
Wow! What a neat experience! Did Noah know the robbers were coming, or was he surprised?
I like the post-robbery activities too! :-)
okay this is awesome...love the play by play! and the photos anet are just incredible...i feel like i am on that train! your daughter is very talented!
i agree with Ruth where is the photo that Autumn took of you????? hmmm....
Anet, this is just amazing! I am always surprised, and then more surprised, and then even more surprised at how many learning opportunities you are able to find for Noah that go along with his interests. My girls would sooooo loved to have taken this train ride. What a memory!
The photo of Miss Anet can be found on my blog.
Thank you Ruth, that means so much to me. Sorry, No pics of me allowed! I loath having my photo taken.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tara,
Yeah Noah knew ahead of time. But we weren't sure of just when they'd show up. It was still a little bit scary but fun:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tiff,
Yes I have to agree that Autumn is very talented. Momma's so proud:) Sorry, No Ms. Anet photos allowed! I'm a mystery;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Thank you Tammy! That is very sweet:) I really love seeing Noah enjoy life with homeschooling.
The train ride was super fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No thank you Miss Autumn:o
Thank goodness all of you made it home safely! ;)
Enjoyed reading this and seeing the pics.
What fun!!!!! Noah's expression kills me in the photo with the train robber! Fauna would have the same expression!
Smashing pumpkins in the previous post! How cool is that?!?!
lisa
Post a Comment