Along the way he collected prizes such as;
a pencil, a bookmark, a book, gift certificate, a big Snickers candy bar. (that he didn't even share with me!)
We didn't know that all of the children that completed the program names would be in a drawing at the end.
The library called us yesterday to tell us Noah won a prize. So we went in and the librarians were so happy Noah had won. One of librarians told the other..."I'm so pleased he won, he is such an enthusiastic learner and he really loves to read!" That was my prize:)
Noah won this cuddle soft blanket. Kind of a strange library prize but hey, it will be awesome for cuddling up with a good book! I have to wash it today because Noah wants to take it camping with us tomorrow:)
I spent some time linking all the Homeschool photos on the sidebar to their post this morning. Looking back at last year. I feel so BLESSED to be able to homeschool Noah. It was an amazing year with so may rich learn activities and lessons. I just hope I can create another year that is just as interesting and fun for him.
This fall, the community center a few blocks from us is having homeschool classes. I'm so excited about this! Two homeschool moms started this for 9 to 19 yr olds. Autumn is teaching a photograph class. What a wonderful experience for her! She is also getting a ton of Wedding photography jobs booked! Good money!!! I'm so proud of her:)
I'm volunteering to supervise the Strategy Games Club for 12-18 yr olds. Noah is taking Autumn's class, but is too young for Strategy Games Club. He'll be taking my friend Beth's class during that hour, Creative Challenges.
The classes will meet twice a month. We also have use of the gym, community room and the playground. Some other classes are geography, creative challenges, art, science, gym, reading groups, math, robotics, some drama classes and other great stuff.




5 comments:
Your website looks great...you have done a lot of work...WOW!
How exciting for Noah to have had so much success with the Summer Reading Program at the Library...so cool!
Hope you have a fabulous time camping this weekend.
The classes sound exciting!
What a great opportunity to have those classes nearby. They sound wonderful!
Congrats to Noah on his prize, too. Very cool.
Noah looks very cozy in his prize blanket!! And I am so happy to hear you are going camping again!!! :)
How exciting to have these new classes near your home! They sound great! And what a great opportunity for Autumn! And wedding bookings! You must be such a proud mama! I can't wait to see what kind of learning goes at your house! Last year was fascinating! Noah is quite a human being!!!
Awesome job, Noah!!! Enjoy the new school year and camping. Your school year sounds like so much fun.
I hope Autumn has fun teaching. Her work is lovely.
And I love the "Breaking Dawn" background.
Well congrats to you, Noah and Autumn!!!
And Anet...I love the new look on your blog. :)
Post a Comment