Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to the Books

We are Back to School today. Noah wants to get started so we are starting two weeks early. That make me very proud of him that he's asked to start school!

He's been busy reading the last month, he's read; The Indian and the Cupboard, The Return of the Indian, and now he's into the first Harry Potter book. A little reading mad man! He's very serious when it comes to learning all he can about his interest. Now... if he'd only be interested in math!

Photo by Autumn

8 comments:

tiff said...

Wow...back at school...good for Noah!

I love this age of reading...both boys' have read all summer too...it is fun to see them devour a book!

The photo of Noah is FANTASTIC...he is looking older!

Happy 1st day of school!

Wendy said...

Hooray for "back to school"! I wish Gavin was as enthusiastic. LOL

French is easier than I expected. We both enjoy it. From what I understand, the other romance languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian) are easier to learn if you learn French first.

So we have been French since preschool. We'll begin Italian in 4th grade.

Of course, we're learning Hangul here too, and that is from a totally different language family!

Wendy said...

Whoops, I should say we have been "learning" French since preschool.

The child does have French blood, though. LOL

Have a GREAT August! Schools away!

Lisa said...

Yeah, we had our first official day back to schooling today. We are going to ease into it. We are still in serious summer mode here. The math thing will come. Noah is a brilliant kid!! You have nothing to worry about! Goose has been reading all summer, too! I love it! Binky is easing his way into reading.
I am really looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff you guys study this year!!!! And so is Goose! Would Noah be interested in being penpals with Goose?

Anet said...

Hi Tiff,
Noah is really into reading...I'm hoping to just let him read to his heart's content on somedays.
Momma break day Or should I say teacher's planning day :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Wendy,
That is good to hear!
We're part French too:) French Canadian to be exact.
~What a great experience for Gavin to get a chance to live in another country! Have you lived in any other countries?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI Lisa,
Yeah... easing into it is the way to go!
I'm just not ready for it myself.
I did sit down with the planner book and sketched out two weeks worth of school. We made a fresh list of Noah's interest and I've starting putting books on hold from the on-line library. The librarians just love me! LOL!
I feel bad when I have about 20+ books to pick up. Oh well... we have to learn!

Noah would really like a penpal... Snail Mail or blog friends?
He'd like to do more on his blog but he never made any "Kid" friends on it. So he hasn't blogged in a long time. Let us know what you have in mind:) That would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of Noah. He looks so grown up!

I really admire your style of schooling, Anet, and I'm looking forward to reading about another year of great projects and learning. Thanks for keeping your blog and spreading some of that inspiration around with the rest of us!

Wendy said...

Ah, French Canadian in my hubby as well. His grandfather was 100% French Canadian. His grandmother was 50%. (I'm the genealogist in the family - can you tell?)

We haven't lived anywhere other than the U.S. and Korea yet. Hubby has been all over the world.

Fingers are crossed that our next move (November 2010) is to Italy or England, but I'll take Germany if I can't get the other two!

Living overseas makes for unique homeschooling experiences. :)

Anet said...

Very cool Wendy, I'd love to live in any of those countries!

Blog Archive