Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Camping at Indian Valley

Indian Valley Camp




Brothers netting minnows.

We had a great time camping this weekend. (No Raccoons!)
We went canoing on Sunday morning which was supposed to be a 4 hour trip, it only took us 2 1/2 hours. I hadn't been canoing in oh... 25 years or so. I really enjoyed it.
We saw some really big turtles, white geese... (I kept calling them ducks) swans, herons and a really big fish!
Noah spent much of his time fishing with our friend Joe, netting minnows and swimming with his cousins.


Noah hanging out in the river in front of our campsite.

We really enjoyed the indoor swimming pool! We loved having our friends and family there. We had campfires, smores' and scary stories at night.

Brad cooking dinner.



Noah fishing with Brad's best friend Joe.

The mosquitoes were awful! They didn't care what you rubbed or sprayed on you, they were after blood. I have about 30 bites on my legs! Besides that and having to pack up in the rain again, it was a great weekend with friends and family:)

Home Sweet Home
Our campsite from the canoe. The canoe landing was just on the other side of our site.


Pretty green riverweed.


Noah chilling as dad does all the work.
My sister, brother-in-law with their two granddaughters.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful campsite! The river looks amazing! I'm glad you all had a good time!
Lisa

tiff said...

what a peaceful, tranquil camping experience...i love your communal camping area...and screen rooms are the BEST!

MOSQUITOES i can't stand...i have no tolerance for them even after 12 years of living in alaska!

that canoe photo with the green plants...absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Anet said...

Hi Lisa,
It was pretty awesome to have a campsite right on the river. We did have a great time, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tiff,
Mosquitoes... I just don't get them! Stupid bugs if you ask me.
You know, Brad came home with just one bite! How? I don't know.
They just don't care for him. Maybe it's the Native American blood in him. They had to live with the mosquitoes.
The green plants were just in one of the river, I almost missed that shot.

Blog Archive