Monday, August 24, 2009

A Monday of learning...

A Monday of learning, early morning still.

Here's Noah working on his Civil War math, he wanted to wear his Civil War outfit we've made for the Muster this weekend.
Science; 3-D shark model... It has a tire in it's stomach. It came with 3-D glasses that don't do anything.... humph! But still a pretty cool model.

I told him to read for at least a half hour... he's been reading it for 45 minutes now, no sign of stopping soon. After that we are going to do some flash cards and hopefully work on a letter to his pen pal. (Hi Goose!) It's will most likly be an e-mail.
Maybe we'll do an art project to wind up the day. We are not on a strict schedule. We just do what needs to be done.... happy learning:)
Caleb starts his classes today at college, thank goodess! Give that boy some structure!

5 comments:

tiff said...

this sounds like a lovely day of homeschooling...noah's obsession with the civil war is amazing! love it!

Stephanie said...

That shark model is awesome!

RunninL8 said...

Very cool idea for anatony models! Re: the post below, how cool and theraputic to have a "resident" kitty in your classroom!

Wendy said...

I love how he can work independently; what a great age and stage for homeschooling. His passion for the Civil War is really cool.

Tammy said...

I love Noah's Civil War obsession. I guess that is one of the things I love about homeschooling...the ability to stay with a subject as long as a child wants to.

Blog Archive