Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Civil War Muster 2009

We had another wonderful time at the Muster this year; Loud booming cannons, wood smoke from campfires, Noah playing war with other boys in the woods, beef vegetable soup cooked on an open fire, glass bottled root beer and cinnamon honey roasted pecans...nice and warm.
Noah at the Muster.

Gathering troops.

Little Soldiers; Noah and his friend.

Widow Walk...


The battle at Antietam Creek.

President Lincoln from afar.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at these pictures gave me a shiver... which I guess means the muster was very realistic and a great learning experience for Noah!

Tammy said...

Oh gosh I bet Noah was completely in his element at this muster. What fun for him, and fun for you to watch him enjoy all of the activities!!!

Wendy said...

WOW! Lincoln! Was he coming to inspect the troops? To see the dead? To plead with the South to end this war? Model for pennies?

Looks like Noah had fun.

Anet said...

Hi Tara,
This is a great learning experience for all of us. My husband and I were amazed at how the actually stopped the fighting so the medics could tend to the wounded and then they would start shooting at each other again! Weird!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tammy,
Noah waits for this day all year!
Next year I think we'll make it a weekend long trip and go two days in a row.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehehe! Wendy, I think all of the above.
I have my doubts about this Lincoln, he didn't seem very tall to me!
Noah had a blast... no pun intended:) The cannons seemed twice as loud as last year, or my ears were more sensitive this time.

sandy said...

Looks like another great time was had.

tiff said...

this is fantastic...oh that first photo...noah just looks so happy in his civil war element!

you do the best things with noah...i just love coming here and seeing what you are all up to!

Tan Family said...

Oh, I really love your blog! I especially like your profile and what you say about having an interest-lead homeschooling style. I'm going to start following your blog! :)

--Jennifer www.syrendell.blogspot.com

A Slice of the Pie said...

What a cool thing. I love the black and white pics, too. Makes me want to go back to Gettysburg.

Kel

Blog Archive