Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School...

Precious People Preschool





I'll be back to work next Monday at our new preschool location. We really love the way the classroom turned out. It's a tad smaller than we are use to. We'll have to make adjustments. It always takes sometime to work out the kinks at a new location. Hopefully we'll never have to move again!

After spending a few hours at the preschool, I took Noah to the Michigan Historical Museum this afternoon. It was nice and quiet. No public school children in sight!
Although Noah has been slowly working his way back into a schedule for a few weeks now his public school friends went back yesterday. Noah had his first full day yesterday. We took a break at noon to watch President Obama's speech to the school children. I love that he mentioned J.K. Rowling's attempts to have the first Harry Potter book published and how it took twelve rejection letters before she was successful. Also how President Obama's mother homeschooled him when he lived in Indonesia at 4:30 in the morning, before she left for work:)

Noah waiting in line for the 1920's trolley:)

5 comments:

dandelionlady said...

I just wanted to say Hi and tell you I really enjoy reading your adventures in homeschooling. My oldest is in kindergarden and I had grand plans for homeschooling her, but she had other ideas. Maybe eventually we'll join you. My friend Theresa Hill told me about you blog, I guess you're in Lansing too?

tiff said...

love it...love seeing the classroom, so much color & fun manipulatives...love seeing Noah...love hearing about your day!

Wendy said...

Gotta love the no-public-school-children days!!! Heh heh.

We had to catch Obama's speech after the fact (12 p.m. eastern standard time is 1 a.m. here), but my 6-year-old managed to sit through half the speech.

I enjoyed it, and my son told me he understood what the President was saying. It was a wonderful speech.

So, where did the trolley take Noah? LOL

Anonymous said...

I love this preschool space! I want to sit down and play for a while after seeing your pictures. :-)
Great trolley shot!

sandy said...

Wow, that preschool looks so cheerful and a place I would want my grandkids to go for sure.

Blog Archive