Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hanging around the homestead...


I love being home...


just relaxing with family and friends.

Feeding my feathered friends...


peaceful feelings.

12 comments:

tiff said...

your home is beautiful...i tend to be a home body...i love putzing and relazing...glad you are enjoying your peaceful days!

Tammy said...

And how are Sniffy's little babies doing?

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff, it's good to be home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tammy,
Sniffy's babies are doing well.
They stay up in the tree mostly.
Sometimes I think they've moved on because I don't see them for days and then they'll be there.
I tuck peanuts in the bark of the tree and they'll come down and get them. They are almost as big as Sniffy!

Anet said...

I had to laugh at Sniffy laying on the porch like that. I thought she must need a break from the three little monkies!

Anonymous said...

Ahh gorgeous...and good to hear that the Sniffy clan is thriving.

Is that bird in the pic a bluejay? (Sorry if that's an ignorant question, please excuse me I'm Australian...heheh).

Anet said...

Yes Docwitch, that is a blue jay:)
No blue jays in Australia!
But you have kangaroos hopping around... they kind of scare me with those big kickers!

~Molly~ said...

Lovely post, beautiful pictures as usual!

I'm a homebody too and this week is killing me with all the running(driving) I've had to do. Ryan's work is one direction, Sarah's VBS is another. I literally have driven 400 miles since Sunday afternoon. This weekend I am hoping for some quality "hang out" time at home, preferably with a nice adult beverage, lol.

Molly

Tara said...

What a charming home you have Anet. It looks so warm and welcoming. No wonder Sniffy chose you!
I'll have to remember to come over here and see what's up... you aren't showing up in my blog feed anymore...

Anet said...

Hi Molly,
Whoa, that is a lot of driving!
I hope you get your down time to relax this weekend:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tara,
Thank you:)
Yeah, that's the same way that I have to do it for you. I bookmarked your blog and just remember to check it. (It's the private thing.)
I might lose a few followers, but I know the ones that really care will remember to pop in;) I hope!

sandy said...

I love your house and that front porch is so much like the one I grew up with. We use to play under the front porch and I believe we had lattice just like that. I'll have to post a pic one of these days. I just ran across a box with some in them. I just have to photo them and upload them. Beautiful post by the way.

Anet said...

Thanks Sandy... I remember you said before how my house reminds you of your childhood home...hopefully full of good memories:)

Lisa said...

I LOVE the style of house you live in, we used to live in a neigborhood built in that same era. So much character and lots of wood and creaky floors. The house we live in now was built in 1977, brady brunch trilevel. Dull, dark and no character....the land however is worth it.

I'm a homebody too, so are my girls.

Lisa :)

Blog Archive