I've always felt strange about the idea of selling my art, who'd want to pay for it?
Anyways, I've come up with a few pieces that I'm placing in Etsy. Either starting my own or I'm going to see if Autumn will put them in hers. Some mixed media pieces, a few folk art statues that I made a few years ago and maybe some of my gourd bowls. We'll see how it goes... wish me luck!
These are the mixed media art pieces I made today:
Witchy Moon
With a genuine vintage witch's buckle...really!:)
Glittered moon, beautiful glittery red leaf wings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweetness
A sweet little fairy with her birdie friend.
Real twig and feathers. Vintage teal button.
Postage vintage wall paper background in a found tin,
Postage vintage wall paper background in a found tin,
topped with a satin pink and gold ribbon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harmonica Soul
I love this one! The harmonica can be removed and still played.
The moon is made with a real robin's egg mosaic and glitter on a vintage button.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At Home
A self standing frame.
Small cut out words: At Home
the twilight fighting the dawn.
a fallen tree rose.
(these words are just ramblings that came out as I was cutting out words from an old book.)
The Paris ferris wheel photo can be removed to put in a different photo,
I added it so there wouldn't be an emyty hole:)
Here's the link to my some of my folk art pieces. Folk Art




8 comments:
Your work is so FUN Anet! I really like the little witch, and the scroll pieces on the front of the harmonica box. Best wishes for the start of a wonderful new (second) career!
So nice to see your work and creativity Anet. Best wishes on your etsy shop!
I love that harmonica box, by the way. :)
LOVE Witchy Moon, that is outstanding!!! The others are brilliant too! Your statues are interesting. A while back I was surfing your blog and wondered why there hasn't been more (of your) art lately.
Molly
These are so beautiful! I love the genuine witch's buckle! You are such a talent. Good luck with the shop.
Lisa :)
This is fabulous Anet! Of course you should have a go at selling it! All the best with your Etsy endeavours.
fabulous...wow! i think it would be a great idea to put your work on etsy!
risk taking can be so challenging, but i do believe you will see success!
just remember to keep having fun with your art and not make it to be too much work...just speaking from past experience.
hugs!
I so appreciate your whimsical touch, Anet. And I share the feeling about "who would buy my art". (Gee, I've had my etsy shop for over a year now and have not posted one item to sell...hmmm). It's so great that you are making this leap, perhaps you'll inspire me yet. Blessings to you on your new endeavor!
These are all really great but I love the harmonica the best!
Good luck with your new venture...I bet you'll do great.
Post a Comment