Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Noah's photography and Goblinopoly

Through Noah's Lens..

GoBiLnOpOly
Visiting my friend Tammy's blog the other day I saw the cutest game that her girls made called Fairyopoly. I thought Noah would enjoy making a game too. We made Goblinopoly. It's really fun to play!

There are Were-animals such as a were-squirrel who will attack you, unless you have a weapon.
A Bog of Stench, The Dragon's Lair, were you can snatch a dragon's egg.


There are weapons, magic, gold, griffin rides, teleport powder, an evil swamp witch, wizards, taxes, a protective amulet, maps, the dark woods, trolls and of course Goblins.
I was amazed at the creativity Noah used coming up with this stuff!
We used some lovely colored stones for our playing pieces.
Last night we were up until 11:00 pm playing! Noah was cracking up because I kept being sent to the bog of stench! You loose a turn if that happens, cause you stink!

12 comments:

Tara said...

I want to play Goblin-opoly! Seriously, that sounds like a ton of fun. The bog of stench... were-squirrels... Noah, I really think this could catch on! I love the pictures too. The squirrel shot is my favorite.

Lisa said...

How fun is that! What a very creative boy you have, and it looks like another great photographer.

dongdong said...

great pics your boy took... love the picture of turkey(?) in the tree.

Lisa said...

Very creative! I think Goose and Binky would love to make a game like this with faeries and goblins all in one! Thanks for sharing!!

Oh... how I love cardinals! Great photo, Noah!

Ruth said...

Did I ever tell you I wish I'd had you for a mom?

Uh, I guess I did.

The stones are very cool markers.

Anonymous said...

Goblin-opoly looks awesome! Does it involve accumulating vast amounts of goblin real estate? It would be so much fun creating that game.

Anne said...

Great Photos..

I like the photo of the red bird. What sort of bird is that it's beautiful...I haven't seen one of those before.
Im from Australia :)

Tammy said...

Good job on the photography, Noah.

Looks like he had as much fun making his game as Kayla did hers. :)

Anet said...

HI Tara, Seriously this game is too fun.
Squirrels Rock!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Lisa, he's working on it:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes Dongdong, the nature center has lots of wild turkeys. I just love them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Lisa, You guys should make one, it was a really fun activity. We added more to it last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awe... Ruth maybe we can work that out in our next life:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI Docwitch,
There is no buying of property. not much of an "opoly" really.
To win the game you must collect 10gold coins...we have many similar things as monopoly though.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Anne,
The red bird is a male Cardinal. We have them year round. They are one of my favorites!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tammy,
We really enjoyed making and playing the game. Thanks for sharing the idea!

Stephanie said...

I think my son would love to make a game like this - a prehistory version.
Thanks for the idea!!

Anet said...

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for stopping by. A prehistoric game would be very cool!

momteacherfriend said...

Nice job on the pictures Noah. I can tell you have been to one of my favorite places.

Blog Archive