Friday, April 24, 2009

Healing Field

Today I took Noah to a park downtown were 1,400 flags were on display representing how many children die in the United States each year from abuse and neglect. The visual of the 1,400 flags was overwhelming. So heartbreaking. Row after row of heartbreak. Noah was very moved by the vast amount of children that die at the hands of an abuser.

There were two sweet older gentleman in a tent from the Exchange Club that helped with the Healing Field. Noah enjoyed talking with them. We told them we homeschool and one of them told me how proud he was of me and that I was making a difference for a whole generation.

I didn't realize that there was a smudge on my lens, darn it... bad photos!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow. I am a very visual person. Things like this really hit home for me.

A very powerful post, Anet.

Delphine said...

It bought tears to my eyes too Anet! As a mother of four, it doesn't bear thinking about; but of course my four girls have to worry now about their children and one of them, her grandchildren, from outside abusers. What a wonderful world we live in, but marred by the evil few!

Bizzarely my verification word is ' guises'

dongdong said...

I know... it is sad. They all have their stories.

Tara said...

So moving. Hopefully this will really help raise awareness. Somehow the lens smudge seems fitting... don't know how, but it does.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so heartbreaking.....I just don't understand how people could do that to their children.

tiff said...

WOW...i just love that photo of Noah and the flags...amazing! You are a fabulous homeschoolin' mama...amazing the things you provide Noah with...what a well rounded & sensitive boy you will have!

BTW...the smudge looks like fog. :)

Lisa said...

I didn't know such a place existed. How sad to think there is such a place, and such things happen. My soul aches when I hear these stories. But it is a part of this world we live in. Your photos are stunning!

Shona Leah said...

wow so sad, and he's right about making a difference.

Blog Archive