Recycle, Reuse, Reduce!
Think of one new way to reduce your footprint on our lovely Mother Earth. I'm not buying anymore bottled water and I promise to remember to bring my reusable shopping bags to the store with me!
Today's service project to Mother Earth; Noah and I picked up the trash all the way around one city block... I found a cool bird's nest on the sidewalk along the way. We brought it home for our nature table.
Thank you little birdy who worked so hard to build a beautiful nest. I'm so sorry it fell out of the tree. We will take good care of it and may your new home be steadfast and safe!
Megwetch Mother Earth! (Thank you in Ojibwa)




6 comments:
I'll bet the birdie was happy to share his nest. He knew you would enjoy it. :) Happy Earth Day!
yeah, we usually you those tin cans for our water. Not sure if that's what they are called. That's great you picked up trash! The weather is crazy here... one moment, sun, another moment, rain, then snow/sleet. what is going on???
We've switched our water, too, and we're trying to recycle more. There are so many things we can do, but I think it's important to even just choose one if nothing else...kind of a journey I guess.
We live pretty light but are always working harder to lighten our footprint. I have been taking my own shopping bags for many years now but one thing I am trying to do is to take them when I go shopping at places like JoAnn's or Target- that is usually when I forget to take my bags. I now try to keep two or three in the car.
Happy Earth Day...your walk to clean up trash with Noah sounded wonderful & successful!
Watch out for that nest. I have often heard, it is symbolic of a baby on the way. I found one in my yard, gave it to a friend who wanted to conceive and finding it hard, and not two months later, she did ha!
Maybe there's another baby in your future.
Noah might love a little brother or sister.
Post a Comment