Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss and National Reading Day!

Green Eggs and Ham...one of our favorite Dr. Seuss stories!

~~~~~~~~

It's National Reading Day!

Noah and I are joining Tammy at Laugh, Live, Learn, Love for a day of reading and cuddling. Well...Noah and I are cuddling, you know. No other work today, just reading! (Noah's going to love this!) Enjoy the day and have fun reading!

14 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

Oh so Springy here! Enjoy your day of reading, we have perfect weather for reading all day- Cold, Wind, and Snow.

Ruth said...

Oh Anet! You brought back a flood of memories with this post.

But first, I have to tell you that one of the classes at Don's school has asked him to save all his green eggs for their green eggs and ham breakfast coming up. :)

But what this reminded me of was a fantastic album I had as a kid that I adored. It was several Dr. Seuss stories narrated by the actor who played "The Millionaire" in the old TV series, Marvin Miller. I had some of it memorized. Oh! I see at wiki that he won grammies for his voice overs on the Dr. Seuss recording! He has a great baritone voice, and if you can find it, it would be worth it. I remember most Green Eggs and Ham and Fox in Sox.

A Slice of the Pie said...

I love Dr. Seuss!

Kel

RunninL8 said...

I think I caught the bug that Lo had a couple days ago, so this is perfect!
Where's my Cat in the Hat HAT?!??!

Lisa said...

Us too! We just made a reading cave to read in. What fun! :)

sandy said...

OH I love your banner...have fun with Noah.

Anet said...

Hey Lisa Anne, Yeah I'm ready for Spring even though it was 3 below zero this morning. Brrr.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ruth, Cool green eggs!
We are making green eggs and ham on Wed and Thurs. That reminds me to dig out the electric cooker for school.
I'm glad my post bought back fond memories for you:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Kel,
Dr. Seuss is one of a kind:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey RunninL8, I could just imagine you in a Cat in hat hat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Lisa,
Oooo... a reading cave, how fun!!!
I put a hold at the library on the Periodic Table book you recommended:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Sandy, I read him eight books in a row. Until my throat was dry. Then he read a couple on his own. Everything from The Ancient Chinese to a Tasha Tudor book!

tiff said...

what a great day...snuggling and reading...and celebrating the seuss!

hope you had a fantastic day!

denise said...

I was wondering where you found the cool Earth Hour widget since I looked everywhere on the site and couldn't find a thing...I didn't even know other countries had their own sites - thought it was global. Can you sign up as USA and have it go to the main Earth Hour sign up list on that South Africa form?

Gwen Buchanan said...

I love your bright Gold...

Dr. Seuss was always a favourite with all of my kids... They almost knew them all by heart.. Have Fun!!

Anet said...

Hey Tiff, we did:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Denise, next to where it says South Africa there is an arrow down button to click and then you can chose USA.
Once I did that and signed up then the button was offered to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Gwen, I was ready for some re-decorating. Trying to encourage a little spring around here.
Dr. Seuss turn 105 on Monday:)

Anet said...

Denise,
I hope that made sense. I join at Tiff's blog, I clicked "join me," then filled out the infor, clicked USA, joined, then a new page came up and the widgets were offered.

denise said...

Ah, where I signed up at the main .org page there were not any widgets offered and I spent way too much time trying to find them. Either a glitch or a completely different site?

denise said...

Ah, hers goes to South Africa too. It is a completely different site too - I wonder if they link their databases or if they are completely separate.hmmm.

Blog Archive