Friday, February 27, 2009

Lucky us!

I love to visit The Crafty Crow, always filled with wonderful ideas for kids. Every Monday they host a give-away. Last week I won! I won a $35 gift certificate to a wonderful little online store called Imagine Childhood. Noah chose a Morse code kit. The Morse code named after Samuel Morse the inventor. Noah just studied about Thomas Edison and his fascination with the Morse code. It came in the mail today. So we will be playing with this kit next week. Very exciting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today a little fun with a geometry math lesson; A Trapezoid Billed Yoit.
I looked up Yoit to see if it was a real bird... A European Yellowhammer/Yoit

Just by chance Noah was nibbling oyster crackers, hmmm...a hexagon just like the head.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats! Enjoy your cool kit!

Tammy said...

I saw you won, and was so excited for you. I wondered what you would order...the Morse code kit sounds like a lot of fun.

tiff said...

love the kit...and love the connection between the bird head and an oyster cracker...your day looks wonderful!

sandy said...

ahh lucky Noah....my dad use to be a morse code operator on a Navy ship... interesting side note: his brother was in the air force, and crashed and died...my dad was actually receiving the message over morse code about his brother, ironic!!

It's always fun to win a contest.

Ruth said...

Cute hexagon cracker. How cool these things are, heaven for Noah I think.

Beautiful blog template, Anet!

Gwen Buchanan said...

congrats on the win.. looks like lucky things are happening at your house.. glad that Autumn has a shoot with the job she trying for... sounds very good!

and your header is another winner... I enjoy seeing the different changes!!

Anet said...

Thanks Tara, Noah is building it later today with his dad. It has a bunch of wires and things. Seeing how Brad is an electrician, I figured this is one for dad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tammy, --..--.-.----.-..-
(Morse code?) lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tiff :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is so sad Sandy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Ruth,
I was just playing with new stuff. I really didn't like it when I came back today...that and I couldn't see any of my post! Just my sidebar stuff. I think it was messing it up. So I switched to a solid color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Gwen, My header is my longing for summer:) Won't be long now!

denise said...

Yay! Good for you - super cool.

RunninL8 said...

Yay, you! I entered that one myself! And I love crafty crow! The morse code kit looks like so much fun!

Blog Archive